YAY!!! my first chicks are here!!!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by scooby, Aug 29, 2008.

1. scooby

scooby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 29, 2008
    sevier valley,utah
    My first chicks arrived on wensday[​IMG] all alive and doing good, i,m so happy. I got 4- 2 jerseys they both don't seem to like to be held one does ok with it[​IMG] the other hates it [​IMG] then there's the ameruacuana the just closes his eyes and relaxes when i stoke his head [​IMG] and then the brave one that charges the cat when he gets to close to the cage and run to the cage door when ever i open it and tries to leap out. "RED" who is of course a RIR.[​IMG] I already wish i would have gotten some more ameruacunas(i know its spelled wrong),well i guess i have something to look forward to next spring!!!! I got one question though,
    I read somewhere that you can give them sand for grit!!!! is that true and would it be ok for the chicks once i start giving them there treats, and what would be better, mixed in the food ,or separate dish.???

2. Chirpy

Chirpy Balderdash

May 24, 2007
    Colorado
    I'm so happy you got your chicks! They look great and very well cared for. I'm thinking sand would be just fine for grit as long as it's the small, rounder sand and not the larger, sharper kind. If I'm wrong, someone can correct me.

3. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    so cute. Dontcha love it when they look upward at printed material, just as if they are reading . . .

4. chick4chicks

chick4chicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 6, 2008
    N.E. Pa.
    congrats, that sure is cuteness overload. happy chickening lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by