YAY!!!! ONE OF THEM ARE LAYING!!!!!

77horses

◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊
15 Years
Aug 19, 2008
Maine
Guess what??!!! My dad called and said he found an egg in the chicken nest box today!!!!! :eek:
ep.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
woot.gif
clap.gif
wee.gif
ya.gif
woot.gif
We don't know which one layed it, but it's a pretty small brown egg! I don't have pics, but it's the first one out of the 4 pullets! We think it might be from our Buff Orpington pullet, Setherina, since it's in the nest box that she likes to sleep in LOL
ya.gif
But it also might be from the Red Star pullet, Linda, since one of the roosters who shares the coop with them recently "mounted" her. YAY!!! Now we will be getting 3 eggs a day!(we have two other adult hens that were laying when we got them) The pullets are about 6 months old.
wee.gif
Soo happy that at least on of them started!!!
ya.gif
Maybe now we can hatch out our own buff orpington eggs next Spring....!!!
woot.gif
thumbsup.gif
jumpy.gif

SOO EXCITED!!!!!

Quote:
yuckyuck.gif
OOPS.... ok...i...will...be...more..quiet...(whisper whisper...)
wee.gif

Quote:
LOL! I wanted so badly to announce that yesterday we had our first pullet egg breakfast, green chorizo with fried potatoes and eggs (12 from our newly laying RIR(19 weeks to the day). She has layed 1 a day and we saved them to make this breakfast) and after we finished breakfast we went outside and our 21 week old australorp had layed her first egg. I decided not to post under new egg announcements for her sake.

Yay! I got my first two days ago. I had to call EVERYONE! i just ate the third one I found. It's from a bantam, so it is just a bite! This is so eggciting!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom