YAY!!!! ONE OF THEM ARE LAYING!!!!!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by 77horses, Oct 5, 2008.

1. 77horses

77horses ◊The Spontaneous Pullet!◊

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Guess what??!!! My dad called and said he found an egg in the chicken nest box today!!!!! :eek: [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] We don't know which one layed it, but it's a pretty small brown egg! I don't have pics, but it's the first one out of the 4 pullets! We think it might be from our Buff Orpington pullet, Setherina, since it's in the nest box that she likes to sleep in LOL [​IMG] But it also might be from the Red Star pullet, Linda, since one of the roosters who shares the coop with them recently "mounted" her. YAY!!! Now we will be getting 3 eggs a day!(we have two other adult hens that were laying when we got them) The pullets are about 6 months old. [​IMG] Soo happy that at least on of them started!!! [​IMG] Maybe now we can hatch out our own buff orpington eggs next Spring....!!! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

SOO EXCITED!!!!!

2. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    we got them in July or June. [​IMG]

3. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Shhhhhhh! Not so loud or Jennspeeps will hear ya!
    (Congrats on the egg [​IMG] )

4. 77horses

Aug 19, 2008
    [CONFIDENTIAL]
    Quote:[​IMG] OOPS.... ok...i...will...be...more..quiet...(whisper whisper...) [​IMG]

5. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    [​IMG] yea! I just got my first ever yesterday.. it is so wonderful!!! Isnt it wonderful!!! Congrats!!!!

6. Frogdogtimestwo

Frogdogtimestwo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Quote:LOL! I wanted so badly to announce that yesterday we had our first pullet egg breakfast, green chorizo with fried potatoes and eggs (12 from our newly laying RIR(19 weeks to the day). She has layed 1 a day and we saved them to make this breakfast) and after we finished breakfast we went outside and our 21 week old australorp had layed her first egg. I decided not to post under new egg announcements for her sake.

7. Hangin Wit My Peeps

Hangin Wit My Peeps AutumnBreezeChickens.com

Apr 20, 2008
    Birnamwood, Wisconsin
    I got three D'uccle eggs today. ALL my hens decided to all lay their very first egg on the same day [​IMG] All within a few hours [​IMG] Congrats to you on your egg!

8. needmorechickens!

needmorechickens! Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 2, 2008
    West TN
    Woohoo! Congrats to all of you on your first eggs!!! [​IMG]
    ~Rebecca

9. courtshep

courtshep Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 24, 2008
    West Virginia
    Yay! I got my first two days ago. I had to call EVERYONE! i just ate the third one I found. It's from a bantam, so it is just a bite! This is so eggciting!!!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by