YAY They started laying!

jopheso

Songster
Feb 13, 2015

My Narragansett girls started laying this week. We got 4 eggs this morning after getting 2 eggs the previous 2 days. We are super excited of course. They were born June 1st, so at 7.5 months they started laying. That's is completely free range with no high protein feed or anything. We have 6 females and a male Narragansett. We also have 1 male and 1 female Midget White, but they have yet to mate or lay any eggs.

I'm curious though, if you were going to sell heritage turkey hatching eggs by the dozen, how much would you sell them for?

Thanks from a HAPPY LITTLE FARM in South Louisiana

A arm and a leg is what most people ask and it seems they sell, those around here ask what most hatcheries ask 36 dollars a half dozen. They are bourbon reds if that makes a difference. And they won't sell you any to they get what they want and then when you follow up to see if any available there turkeys are brooding a clutch so mostly can't get any. Myself I am wanting Narragansett's and had a PM conversation with a gentleman that I think is going to help me out in the egg category.

Dang! maybe im crazy but 36/ half dozen seems really high. If I got half that I would be happy. I'll have to figure out the local market and then maybe post something in the buy/sell/trade section.

Thanks for the info though. We will actually have pure Midget whites as well as I have a breeding pair of those also. To add to that one of our sheep just had a lamb yesterday! our first ever on our lil farm. GOOD TIMES!

Back
Top Bottom