YAY!!!! They truly are the best snakes in the world!!!! :)

luvmychicknkids

Canning Squirrel
11 Years
Mar 6, 2008
Floresville, Texas
woot.gif
I am pretty excited! The two new snakes I bought my son for his birthday (see this thread https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=122769 ) are used to eating live rats. Both have scars and Eve (the female) has a recent injury on her back. I am certain they are from feeding mishaps. I DO NOT feed live because of the risk to my snakes and because of the stress to the rat or mouse. So, I bought these planning to try and switch them to frozen thawed, KNOWING it can be almost impossible. Well, I fed them this morning.....armed with warm rats and a pair of tongs, I took a deep breath and WOW....both snakes immediately took their rat and "killed" it without giving it a second thought!!!! Good babies!!! I am soooooooo proud of them!!!!!
woot.gif

Thanks.
smile.png
So far I am really impressed with how sweet these two are and how agreeable they have been!!!! My kingsnake has always eaten frozen thawed so I never had to worry about her. I was really worried these guys would refuse to eat. Knocking the rat out may have been my only alternative if they refused but thankfully they were good snakies.
smile.png

Quote:
Awwwwww......I never see cornsnakes wild around here (don't guess we have them???). I bet she was a sweetie.
smile.png

Yes, she was from an island in Casco Bay... tried to bite my friend but after a bit she became the most darling snake!

I have had a king that was a bit snippy at first, too, but with lots of love they get so sweet.
smile.png
It amazes me how my snakes really do know me and seem to enjoy my attention.
smile.png

Quote:
The interesting thing was that my friend did not like snakes at ALL... Bet Milkyway (yeah, a real creative name, I know
roll.png
I named her after another cornsnake, that I ha when I was 6 or 7...) knew that!

Quote:
The interesting thing was that my friend did not like snakes at ALL... Bet Milkyway (yeah, a real creative name, I know
roll.png
I named her after another cornsnake, that I ha when I was 6 or 7...) knew that!

I wouldn't be too surprised. They pick up on a LOT. My kingsnake Oreo (yeah, LOL, equally creative here) has been held by non snake lovers and she really seemed nervous....and she is one of the calmest most relaxed snakes I have ever seen. They really do seem to KNOW.

Back
Top Bottom