YeA I got Buttons (pic added)

Congrats!!! They are adorable! I love the little button quail. They're next on my list.
smile.png

I have coturnix due today too. Yay!

Quote:
ok second stupid question for the day; what are buttons??
I am assuming that you are not talking about buttons on clothing
wink.png

Button is a type of quail smaller than a coturnex

One of the Coturnex was running around like a nut and turned the corner around a nother egg and poped its head into one of the button eggs that had already hatched. it was so funny watching it walk around with a egg on its head. im going to call it egg head
gig.gif

Hi kullas! Congratulations!!!!!
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif
ya.gif

I just ordered 240 quail eggs!
ep.gif
th.gif
120 are Jumbo Brown Coturnix and 120 are Texas A & Ms! It's a bit much, but I have the room for them and for the price I got them for I couldn't pass it up. My hubby is going to have a heart attack when he hears how many I got! LOL!!!!
tongue2.gif

I hope you get a great hatch! You, too BamChickawahwah!

They are soooo cute! Ok, silly question cause i have never done quail but how did you turn them? LOL And how long do you incubate them? Same temp and humidity as chickens?
i was just wondering
thanks

Last edited:
Quote:
I just layed them on the wire and ran my hadn over them until they was all turned. no x or o on the egg just turn them. i stoped turning at day 14 and then let nature take its course. same temp and humidity

thanks Chrystal 240 thats alot : but they are small. i just ordered close to a 100 myself and will be setting them the end of the week. Hope ya have a great hatch

Quote:
Nothing yet i have a couple pipped but no zips. Im
fl.gif
that more will hatch

Today was day 18 on the delewares and barred rock. humidity is 71 and temp is 100.1 im working on getting my temp down may take a hour or 2 but i hope i can get it stable around 98.5

Back
Top Bottom