Yeah! Eggs!

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Tatsquatch, Aug 25, 2011.

1. Tatsquatch

Tatsquatch New Egg

Aug 25, 2011
    [​IMG] My silly lil hen Hot Wing just laid her first egg three days ago! She laid her 3rd today. She's a 17-18 week old brown leghorn! Can't wait until her 3 sisters follow suit!

Ok, so a lil question. I have three older girls who lay their own particular shape and color of eggs, but when I read up about the brown leghorn breed they are known for laying large white eggs. Hers are tiny... Like... tiny. I know the first few will be smaller. Here's my question: How long does it take before they start getting bigger?

2. redsoxs

redsoxs Chicken Obsessed

Jul 17, 2011
    North Central Kansas
    [​IMG] from Kansas, Tatsquatch! [​IMG] Wish I could help you on the egg size question but I don't expect to get my first eggs for a few months yet! Lots of people on this site will know, though! Good luck to you!! [​IMG]

3. Barred Babies

Barred Babies Red Roof Farms

Sep 20, 2009
    Pride, La.
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Louisiana!! Could be a few weeks to a few months!! [​IMG]

4. LauraB

LauraB Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2011
    Chicagoland
    Just wanted to say welcome!!!
    [​IMG]

I'm still new to all of this so I can't help you about the eggs! Still waiting for mine to lay.

5. Symphony

Symphony Vanilla, Little Airt Airt

[​IMG]

6. Imp

Imp All things share the same breath- Chief Seattle

[​IMG]

Imp

7. 4-H chicken mom

4-H chicken mom Overrun With Chickens

Aug 3, 2007
    Oberlin, OH
    [​IMG] and [​IMG] from Ohio. So glad you joined. Barred Babies is right. I am still getting small eggs from some of my new layers and it has been 3 weeks now. [​IMG]

8. weimarmama

weimarmama Overrun With Chickens

Jun 4, 2010
    Alabama
    My Coop
    [​IMG] & [​IMG] from Alabama. Glad you joined us. Congrats on your first eggs [​IMG]

9. kidcody

kidcody Overrun With Chickens

[​IMG] [​IMG] from WA. glad you joined us [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. enjoyin' my chickens

enjoyin' my chickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 13, 2011
    Hinesville, Ga
    Welcome and have fun with BYC. It is the most educational fun thing you will ever experience. i am awaiting my first eggs too.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by