Yeah Me!

Quote:
Nice...Thanks for the Pic! What do you call the color? Black Brested Duckwing? I want to get a pic of my Ro & his 3 girls, but I am so not a photographer.

#2 Just emerged. Both are yellow w/ dark wings, and cute and tiny!

Unfortunately, Im guessing that is it from the first six. Hey thats 2 out of 6, or 33%, and I'll take it!

Last edited:
I'm calling it birchin? If you are helping your babies hatch that could be part of the problem, I've found out that if you help you have weak birds (for hatching) and your hatch rates go right down the toilet, I do not help at hatching the more you help the worse it gets, till you are helping every bird and no one can hatch out alone. when I use to buy eggs I asked if the breeder help their birds hatch if they did I went some where else.

Quote:
celebrate.gif

Quote:
No...I dont help them hatch. I agree if they are not supposed to hatch then thats the way it is supposed to be. Yeah, Birchin...definately; I got stuck looking at his cool wings.

Last edited:
Update...Update! I thought I would check b4 I hit the sack, and I have another chirper with a PIP. Thats 3 for 6 50%...I am very excited

Wow! I just took the 3 out to put them in the brooder (brooder...lol who am I kidding its a Rubbermaid tub), and I heard chirping ond saw a pip. This is day 23, I wasnt expecting this; I hurried up and wet the spounge, and closed the lid....I'm going for 4 for 6 now!

Last edited:
my temp has been at 100-100.5 with 65% humidity and its the 24th day...I got some fluttering in the shell on one, no pip yet....so if you have that many hatch so far you're doing awesome!
Congrats!

Quote:
I know, I couldnt believe it. My bator is just a cheap styro still air from TSC, and Im using 2 thermometers & hydrometers: a mercury therm on a stand right above the eggs and a reptile hydro stuck to the side, and a digital Therm/hydro probe resting on the egg stands that sends its reading to a base I keep up stairs to monitor. I've tried to keep it 100.5, but it has gotten as high as 101 or low as 100, and I pull or stick a plug and it goes back down or up.

My temps could be off, but I just hatched 8 of 8 OEG eggs 4 days ago & right on time in the same bator. So I am puzzled.

Back
Top Bottom