Yeah! Very excited about my new chicks due on Wedsnesday

cottagechick

Songster
8 Years
Jul 11, 2011
Cottage Grove, Oregon
big_smile.png

I just got a call from mpc - they had to cancel my Cochin, my Brahma and my Welsumer...which I am BUMMED out beyond belief! But I am even more excited that I am substituting one for a Polish! Whoo hooo....
Julie

N&MSchroeder :

Congratulations!
wee.gif
How many/what breeds are you getting? Be sure to post pictures when they arrive!
wee.gif

I am splitting the order with someone else. Since I didn't add any for two that were canceled...(I figured I could see what I find at the swap in October instead!
big_smile.png
That way I get my chicken fix now and LATER....
lol.png

I am getting a White Wyandotte, a Partridge Silkie, a Barred Rock, a White Crested Black Polish, and a Quail Antwerp. I already have two 4.5 month old Black Araucanas. So I have two blacks, one white, and two black and whites. I figure that means I need to add an equal number of Reds, Buffs, and Goldens...right?
roll.png
They are all Bantams. The lady I am splitting the order with is getting two LF. I can't wait to see the difference in size between them! I am still trying to decide if I am going to keep the Quail. What do you all think?

<---- does the happy chicken mama dance!!!!​

Or I could call back and change the two partridge and quail ones to black and white ones and go with a tres modern...all black and white flock... ;-) I am so looking forward to the White Wyandotte becoming a big girl...because I think it will be stricking to see her white fluffiness next to my sleek black Araucanas...

ObnoxiousVegetarian:p :

My Cochin and "Mystery Chick" are also due on Wednesday:
yippiechickie.gif
ya!

welcome-byc.gif
Be sure to let us know when they arrive!

Cottagechick, it sounds like you have a great flock started. Great color scheme and I can't wait to see the white wyandotte. Very nice! You DEFiNITELY have to post pictures!​

My chicks had a stop over in Portland at 5:38 am today. I just got off the phone with the PO here and they said they would be here tomorrow morning. As soon as I got off the phone with her my phone rang...the caller id said..."Security Screening." I wondered, what the heck that was. It was a nice gentleman calling to tell me that I could pick up my chicks in Springfield ( a half hour a way) or wait until tomorrow. I was ready to jump in the car and get them...when saner minds reminded of the high price of gas. Since my Dad is already in Springfield and he has to come here anyway...it makes sense...So my Dad is going to pick them up for me at 4:30. I should have my little fuzzy butts by five. I keep trying to remind myself that I am getting them 18 hours early...not that I am going to have to wait 5 1/2 hours to get them....)
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom