Year old cockrel; worth eating?

I disagree. Id never eat a chicken that was sick or died of an unknown cause. Id also never eat my favorite bird. My fav though (profile pic) died very suddenly one day. Shes buried in my backyard with a homemade headstone. As for this roo though...well he took a bite out of me first. Now...my turn.
Ewww, hadn’t even thought about sick birds! :sick

I didnt think about coq au vin! Ive never tried to make it but I guess this is the perfect excuse to try. Ive always wanted to try it but it can be difficult.
Not really. Just google coq au vin and see what you come up with. You are sure to find a recipe that is doable.

Not really. Just google coq au vin and see what you come up with. You are sure to find a recipe that is doable.
If I'm gonna make authentic coq au vine because I can I will. I dont pull out the stops when it comes to recipes. I make a recipe by the recipe and then fine tune it to my family's tastes so if I'm gonna make coq au vone I will make authentic coq au vine. That way if its enjoyed it will be something to look forward to at the demise of every roo

By googling I found recipes by Julia Childe, Ina Garton , the NYT, and other chefs of note. How authentic do you want it to be?

By googling I found recipes by Julia Childe, Ina Garton , the NYT, and other chefs of note. How authentic do you want it to be?
Well I guess within reason. Like, its traditionally made with burgundy but I dont care for that so Id probably use pinot noir. For the mushrooms Id probably use morels and instead of lardons I'd use bacon

Back
Top Bottom