year or older rooster without SPURS

fuzzybutt love

Crowing
12 Years
Jul 30, 2011
Michigan
Has anyone else ever had a rooster like this? He has only hen-nubs. He is a porcelain d'uccle roo. Here's an older pic of him

I have bred him to see if the phenomenon continues in his bloodline, his son is about 9 weeks thus far. This is his sister, and unfortunately the eggs that the other broody ended up setting; but perhaps it will make it more likely to express this. He is a very mellow boy with fantastic feet feathering.

Last edited:
Daddy is 2 going on 3 now, son is now 6+ months and still no spurs . Considering breeding one of them to my ee hens! Could be a very unique flock.

I've got 2 boys, both crossbreeds. No spurs in either of them still at the age of 8-9 months.

Lovely boys if only they'd SHUT UP!
barnie.gif
Cockadooooooooooo!

I have orpingtons, one cockerel and four pullets. The cockerel is very docile and no spurs at 16 weeks . Do the spurs suddenly develop later on, or do some never get them? Also he has legs that are very yellow in color, compared with others who have light tan legs.

I have orpingtons, one cockerel and four pullets. The cockerel is very docile and no spurs at 16 weeks . Do the spurs suddenly develop later on, or do some never get them? Also he has legs that are very yellow in color, compared with others who have light tan legs.
Spurs don't usually start to come in until they are almost a year old.
If he has yellow legs then he's not an Orpington. Orps have white legs. Is he buff? He could be a buff Rock, or possibly a mix.

Thank you! Yes, he is buff in color. Guess he has some mixed genes though with the yellow legs. He is a real sweetheart so far and the four females love him. Hope he stays sweet as time goes by!

I have a blue lemon sport bantam hes probably
3 1/2 years old no spurs just some black rubber feeling nubs anyone know WHY?????

Back
Top Bottom