1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Yellow and white watery droppings

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by aohare, Jan 8, 2016.

1. aohare

aohare Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2016
    Spring Hill
    [​IMG]
    I have a 1 year old hen that was attacked 4 days ago.

She has been getting dropper watered and is not eating (though she ate a little "Chicken Crack" from the local feed store today)

I've left a voicemail for the vet but was hoping to get some help on here as sometimes they take a while to call back

Thank you

2. Eggcessive

Eggcessive Chicken Obsessed Premium Member

Apr 3, 2011
    southern Ohio
    Her droppings look like there is green bile and a lot of uric acid which are about par for a chicken who is not eating well. I would try some different things to tempt her from raw egg or cooked, adding buttermilk or water to feed, putting some tuna or liver out just to see if she will peck at it. I would try to get a feeding tube from the vet to at least give her some fluids. When she is well hydrated, you can try tube feeding her some baby bird feed.

3. aohare

aohare Out Of The Brooder

Jan 7, 2016
    Spring Hill
    I'll give it a shot, right now I am dropping water on her beak, about a cup a day which she gets a little more than half of. Once the vet calls me back I'm going to see if I can get some number 18 tubing, any suggestions on how to tube her by myself?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by