Yellow and white watery droppings

aohare

In the Brooder
Jan 7, 2016
Spring Hill

I have a 1 year old hen that was attacked 4 days ago.

She has been getting dropper watered and is not eating (though she ate a little "Chicken Crack" from the local feed store today)

I've left a voicemail for the vet but was hoping to get some help on here as sometimes they take a while to call back

Thank you

Her droppings look like there is green bile and a lot of uric acid which are about par for a chicken who is not eating well. I would try some different things to tempt her from raw egg or cooked, adding buttermilk or water to feed, putting some tuna or liver out just to see if she will peck at it. I would try to get a feeding tube from the vet to at least give her some fluids. When she is well hydrated, you can try tube feeding her some baby bird feed.

Her droppings look like there is green bile and a lot of uric acid which are about par for a chicken who is not eating well. I would try some different things to tempt her from raw egg or cooked, adding buttermilk or water to feed, putting some tuna or liver out just to see if she will peck at it. I would try to get a feeding tube from the vet to at least give her some fluids. When she is well hydrated, you can try tube feeding her some baby bird feed.

I'll give it a shot, right now I am dropping water on her beak, about a cup a day which she gets a little more than half of. Once the vet calls me back I'm going to see if I can get some number 18 tubing, any suggestions on how to tube her by myself?

Back
Top Bottom