Yellow diharea

Rosecoral

In the Brooder
May 13, 2020
I have 6 three week old baby turkeys. 2 toms and 4 hens. One hen has yellow diharea. Acts normal, eats and drinks. Has a little bit of pasty butt which I have been keeping clean twice a day. Not sure what to do. They all been getting hard boiled eggs in the morning. Vitamin with probiotic water and plain water.
The others are fine so far.
Any thoughts will be appreciated.

I have 6 three week old baby turkeys. 2 toms and 4 hens. One hen has yellow diharea. Acts normal, eats and drinks. Has a little bit of pasty butt which I have been keeping clean twice a day. Not sure what to do. They all been getting hard boiled eggs in the morning. Vitamin with probiotic water and plain water.
What do you feed other then the stuff you listed?

My turkeys just got treated for Coccidiosis, they had some bloody diarrhea which is a characteristic of the parasitic infection.

I have been introducing them to minced broccoli, minced carrots, small amounts of cooked quinoa and then mixing in the left over powdered feed. I sift the powder so there is no foreign material in it. Like shavings or poo.

There haven't been any fowl on the property for most of the last 9 years.
They have been getting raised alongside baby chickens.
There is a wire wall between them so there has been very little interaction between the two types.
Will try to get a fresh pic to post.

I have been introducing them to minced broccoli, minced carrots, small amounts of cooked quinoa and then mixing in the left over powdered feed. I sift the powder so there is no foreign material in it. Like shavings or poo.

There haven't been any fowl on the property for most of the last 9 years.
They have been getting raised alongside baby chickens.
There is a wire wall between them so there has been very little interaction between the two types.
Will try to get a fresh pic to post.
The color of the droppings is most likely due to what you are feeding them. It does not sound like a proper diet for turkey poults.

Please stop all of these extras and feed your turkey poults only a turkey/gamebird crumble.

You are going to start having serious problems real quick if you don't stop all of these treats.

Last edited:
Please stop all of these extras and feed your turkey poults only a turkey/gamebird crumble.

You are going to start having serious problems real quick if you don't stop all of these treats.
Ok. Went to feed store n bought Purina game bird crumbles. Can I do anything special to it to get them to eat it. So far they are avoiding the new feed.

Back
Top Bottom