Yellow Egg White?

JewelBirds

Crowing
7 Years
Apr 13, 2017
I had a 19 week old Leghorn mix pullet lay her first egg last night. Noticed she was acting a little off and not like her usual self, so I took her up to the porch to examine her. She laid an egg right there on the porch. It was a soft shell egg (I put a little container of oyster shell in there now as her flockmates aren't laying yet, and they're still on starter grower feed), but she had no issues laying it. Opened it up, and for some reason the egg white has a yellow tint to it. Just want to check to make sure there isn't a cause for concern.
20220804_213355.jpg

I had a 19 week old Leghorn mix pullet lay her first egg last night. Noticed she was acting a little off and not like her usual self, so I took her up to the porch to examine her. She laid an egg right there on the porch. It was a soft shell egg (I put a little container of oyster shell in there now as her flockmates aren't laying yet, and they're still on starter grower feed), but she had no issues laying it. Opened it up, and for some reason the egg white has a yellow tint to it. Just want to check to make sure there isn't a cause for concern.
View attachment 3212245
I had one that was slightly green that I was curious about to.

You will see some interesting things with their first six eggs. But it's all pretty normal. I'm impressed she laid the egg right there on the deck! Mine cluck and holler then we get an egg, but I have diva hens too, lol

You will see some interesting things with their first six eggs. But it's all pretty normal. I'm impressed she laid the egg right there on the deck! Mine cluck and holler then we get an egg, but I have diva hens too, lol
Yes, Creme Brulee (her name) is probably the friendliest pullet I have right now, so she didn't really mind laying it right there. Although, if anything, I think she may have been confused to what was going on. But she's getting the hang of it now. She hatched from an egg of one of my Leghorn hens and her father is a very friendly rooster, Caramel. So, she is quite special to me. Hence the likely overreaction lol. My older ones are more dramatic like that, but the pullets aren't yet. Maybe once more of them start laying

Back
Top Bottom