Yellow urates -Yes another thread about this

So glad that you got her droppings checked for coccidia. That is pretty rare in birds who are grown, but yes, can be a problem if immunity is poor. Amprollium or Corid is a good treatment. Make sure that she drinks it well, and you can also give a 1/4 tsp of the undiluted amprollium orally each day to give a boost. Some vets use sulfadimethoxine or other sulfa drugs as well. Let us know how she gets along.

I sure will. And thank you very much for the added info. ❤

Lucy is doing very well today. She has been on amprollium since last Thursday (it is Monday now) and it seems to be working now. Her poops are less yellow and becoming more solid and she has an appetite. She is now moving into a full blown molt. I'm sure the molt exacerbated her system so the cocci became a problem.
Yesterday I was a bit worried about her as she seemed to be off in the morning, but she seemed a bit better in the evening. This morning she was one of the first girls at the door when I let them out. So that's good.
Only one of the 6 older girls is laying so the vet and I decided to treat them all, even though the rest probably had the cocci under control.
I also started feeding fermented feed yesterday and they love it. I'm hoping this will help Lucy's immunity issues and help the others be even healthier.
Thanks again for everything @Eggcessive

Sadly Lucy passed in the summertime from heat exhaustion. Since her immune system was compromised from a fox attack she has gotten heat exhaustion every summer. I put electrolytes out for them as much as the vet advised me to. I gave them ice cubes in their water, and a kiddie pool with fresh cool water everyday. I gave them frozen fruits to snack on. But still I always found her panting. The vet told me this may just be the way she'll be from here on out on extraordinary hot and humid days.
And then one day when a massive downpour came down I found her laying out in the heavy rain. I picked her up and brought her inside and a few short minutes after that she passed.
She was so beautiful. ❤

Anyhoo...thank you for asking @SpicyDisaster .

Sadly Lucy passed in the summertime from heat exhaustion. Since her immune system was compromised from a fox attack she has gotten heat exhaustion every summer. I put electrolytes out for them as much as the vet advised me to. I gave them ice cubes in their water, and a kiddie pool with fresh cool water everyday. I gave them frozen fruits to snack on. But still I always found her panting. The vet told me this may just be the way she'll be from here on out on extraordinary hot and humid days.
And then one day when a massive downpour came down I found her laying out in the heavy rain. I picked her up and brought her inside and a few short minutes after that she passed.
She was so beautiful. ❤

Anyhoo...thank you for asking @SpicyDisaster .
Awww I'm so sorry to hear that though I'm glad you were able to be with her in her last moments.

Back
Top Bottom