Yellow x red golden pheasant

Well, if she is still laying in a month from now, and she has bred with the Yellow Golden male...try hatching her eggs and see what color the chicks are that are produced.

Yes the darkthroat, cinnamon, yellow, and splash goldens are all documented to have come out of pure birds. The peach, flame, and silver are all unknown but since the silver golden mutated out of yellow goldens they're a safe bet.
The peach are sorta unknown but it is thought to have come from a cinnamon x yellow golden or a dark throated golden? I know some peeps back breed to a dark throated to get a deeper 'peach' color on the males cape.
Same with Silver Goldens, no one is sure how they were developed but it is thought to be a true mutation. And the cinnamon color Silvers are thought to have Yellow Golden in their background.

The peach are sorta unknown but it is thought to have come from a cinnamon x yellow golden or a dark throated golden? I know some peeps back breed to a dark throated to get a deeper 'peach' color on the males cape.
Same with Silver Goldens, no one is sure how they were developed but it is thought to be a true mutation. And the cinnamon color Silvers are thought to have Yellow Golden in their background.
I talked with James pfarr about the genetics behind silver vs. yellow and he thinks they're just a dilute form of YG's So to have a silver you'd need to either breed to another silver or a YG carrying the dilute gene.

I talked with James pfarr about the genetics behind silver vs. yellow and he thinks they're just a dilute form of YG's So to have a silver you'd need to either breed to another silver or a YG carrying the dilute gene.
Along those lines, I have several Yellow Goldens (juveniles) that instead of the dark brown/black feathers on the back, they are laced like the cape feathers and the same color as the cape....I have no idea where it's coming from or from where it would get that coloration/gene? None of my parent stock have shown it in their offspring until now, some of the birds are 11 and 12 years old.
ETA: pics taken this morning. The color is more orange in person.
20220518_065524.jpg
20220518_065421.jpg
20220518_065546.jpg

Sibling to the male above, same age, same parent stock.
20220518_065805.jpg

20220518_065828.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom