Yes or No?

Thats what I thought, but a report on gamebird breeding by University of California, said " to wash and disinfect each eggbefore incubating", hhhhhmmmmm?

Either way works. This is a long term point of contention. Eggs are coated with a protective layer. When you wash them, you remove that protection. If you use a very strong disinfectant, you risk the life of the embryo. If you incubate (a somewhat less natural condition than the wild) then you can also incubate bacteria. Reasonable cleanliness of the eggs is enough due to the protective layer on the egg. Depends on how much you want to mess with them I reckon. It seems to me it is a personal preference. I tend to wipe off excesses and leave them alone otherwise. I spend a lot of attention on disinfecting my incubator though. I figure that rascal creates a nice environment for bacteria and I use a bleach solution between hatches to keep it safer.

David

That all makes sence to me thanks you all especially about a super sanitary incubator,,,thanks to all

Back
Top Bottom