Yesterday I was a chicken owner....

Poulets De Cajun

Crowing
11 Years
Jun 14, 2008
Houston MetroMess, Texas
Today I'm a chicken AND pheasant owner... Just picked this guy up this morning. He was given to me since he was beating up the chickens in his former home. He's got his own bachelor pad now. We are going to get him a pheasant hen in the future.

11916_pheasant.jpg

11916_pheasant2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Its his quarantine cage for now. Its actually 8 or 10 feet long. You're only looking at the very very end of it.

After a period of letting him settle down a bit, and making sure he isn't sick or anything, he'll be going into his own dog kennel converted game bird house...

Good luck with the guy! I had a Reeves pheasant that pecked in the heads of 3 Reeves pheasant hens before I sold him. What a $ pit! May be the same rooster! LOL I did discover that I am not good at raising Reeves pheasants. I had heard that they were the meanest breed of the pheasants.

Quote:
He's on probation! LOL

I am researching and learning as much as I can before I move any further with him. He was given to me because he was beating up chickens in his former home. I did read that the Reeves can get fairly aggressive even towards humans, so we'll see how he works out.

Back
Top Bottom