yet another broody question..........please reply

Quote:
No, they may even get mad at her for being broody.
lol.png

I'll say no as we just had 1 broody. We had her seperated in a dog kennel in the coop to keep the others from bothering her. When the door to the kennel was open some of the other girls would go in and check it out. I think they were a tad jealous that the broody girl wasn't being bother by the Roo, wishing they could get a break from him too.

I am not sure if having one go broody is catching but I have two girls being very naughty and laying eggs in unauthorized spots. One had a stash of 10 eggs and she (aptly named Dopey) was sitting on them in her make shift nest sideways- Like being in a rollar coaster car that stopped sideways. It was the goofiest thing. I know she had not started any long term sitting because I discovered her illegal little stash when she was laying her latest egg and squawking egg song and her eggs are all funny and nearly round so I know every egg was hers! I will have to load a picture. The other pullet had a better stash of 7 eggs. I filled their little love nests with pinecones and took out all the eggs. Neither have acted broody since. I thought I had a snake eating eggs and the girls were just being bad! Dot had been broody and hatched 3 eggs from each of the three other pullets none were hers, 2 SLW and a half barred rock - Dot is a GLW Don't they know I want them to make me my breakfast!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom