Yet another mystery...

MyFarmette

In the Brooder
6 Years
May 11, 2013
So when I bought my ducks I was told I have two Cayugas a Pekin and they were unsure of the last one which everyone has identified as a magpie (thanks!). Well my "Pekin" is getting his feathers in and they are brown! Does that mean that he is in fact a khaki Campbell? He is the biggest duck I have...

Khakis aren't that big, though.

Hmmm. Could he be a mix? And I didn't see the brown (some days my brain doesn't process so well)....
hu.gif
We are talking about the crested one, right?

Yes. He's the yellow crested. The feathers on his wings are coming in a light tan/ brown. I'll take a close up in the morning. He is also the loudest and the spaziest :)

Well, I was thinking they are the same age. If so, he's a larger breed. But if he's two weeks older than the others, that could make the difference, and he could be a buff, even.

He's the same age supposedly. They all are getting wing feathers but he is so much heavier and taller than the cayugas and the magpie. The magpies is the tiniest.

He looks identical to my crested buff suck. If that helps at all. My buff is heavy but he sits a little lower to the grounds and walks at a different angle then my other ducks.

I also find that the u is too close to the i, too.

I still think that might be a Pekin in transition. Also, I noticed he's missing some wing feathers.

I would agree and say a crested buff duck. If pekin, then the feathers would be white. No way to mistake that!

As for your cayugas, if they are black (hard to see in the picture) then they are cayugas. If brown, then you may have some khaki campbells or crosses.

Back
Top Bottom