YET Another NEW auction and more new birds Pg2

Quote:
I must remain somewhat mute as I got in trouble over the last post with similar advice. I guess you have to resort to this practice when you cram that many birds together. Responsible aviculture??

Dan

Dan, no they are not in a small area. Very large flight pen, 14 ft high. These are ringnecks and 100 birds in the flight pen. 85 hen , 15 cock birds.

Guess I should have said ringneck. Note the blues has no pipper, because no other male in the pen.

Other pheasant may not need them, but to keep the ringneck in top feather I do use them.

Quote:
No more to add, you can do what you want with your birds.

Quote:
Wasn't this thread, another where someone adivsed on using these things and I objected with feelings that they are inhumane, un-natural and to prevent "picking", "feather" and other issues in captive wild galliformes, you can change your husbandry practices.

Dan

Oh well you were very helpfule with my situation and i actually sold alot of birds today and opened up a new pen so now i only have the pheasants and wood ducks in the barn and pen and the gosling and chicks were put in my goose barn . And pigeons were put in their own pen . This weekend i am putting up a new shed 10x15 that will have a pen attached for the wood ducks

im tryin my hardest to give them wat they need

Last edited:
Quote:
Very good, sounds like you're on your way!! My whole goal is to see wild birds in our care, treated like wild birds. A responsible aviculturist is one that keeps and breeds birds in as a natural setting as possible, enriching the lives of the birds in their care and providing the absolute best care possible. Our aviaries are perhaps the last sanctuary for many species (see our new Flickr Aviculture group - http://www.flickr.com/groups/aviculture/ also, an aviculturist group for Facebook junkies - search Facebook Aviculturists).

Dan

Oh i agree . I see your coops and i want to try and mimic urs . I had grass down but the birds ate it . the wood duck pen is going to have a pond (need to find a good pump) with tall grass bushes and perches. And i want to try and grow grass for the pheasants if that dont work ill just plant alot of hardy bushes and trees . there is already perches in there .

ur just loooking out for the best interest of the birds

Back
Top Bottom