Yet Another Question About CBBQ Colors

LynnA

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 13, 2011
I have been reading a LOT about Button quail and I know that they do not breed true, color wise. I have also gotten the impression that if you breed like colors together, there is a very good possibility that they will produce more of the same color. So with conflicting imput, which statement is true? If I were to breed two bluefaced birds together, would they produce bluefaced chicks? If not, what would they most likely produce? Does it all come down to which base color each variation started as? Or is it a total crap shoot and I could get a white, silver or normal from that same breeding? Is it advisable to keep like colors together? Or does it matter?
Thanks so much, I love reading this forum and I have been learning so much from everyone here!

Lynn

Knowing where your birds come from is important so you know how the breeders were housed, fed, etc

Pairing like colors and breeding like colors will give you more true colors. I do this and most pairs breed true. I have some silver and cinnamons paired together to create some more ivory offspring. Silver will pop up in that mating.

Back
Top Bottom