1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    Not a member yet? join BYC here & then introduce yourself in our community forum here.

Yet another rescue

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by luvchicks8, Jun 25, 2010.

1. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    I picked up this little guy today in a bin. The lady said and I quote that's a light brahma and if you want it you have to pick it up because I am not touching that gross thing. So of course I took it home.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 25, 2010
  2. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    "That gross thing"?!? Oy....she must not have the pleasure of owning any of these wonderful creatures!

Congrats on the rescue!

3. Mandalina

Mandalina Songster

Apr 1, 2009
    Savannah,MO
    ohhh my goodness, gross my butt! Look at that lil cute fluffbutt! Good job!!!!

4. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    yeah now it's telling hubby that I brought home yet another chick, when tomorrow I am picking upa cochin rooster who is bottom of the pole at my friends farm and to friendly to not rescue from pot.

5. luvchicks8

luvchicks8 Songster

Jul 1, 2009
    new Hampshire
    Uh no feathers on feet???

6. flgardengirl

flgardengirl Songster

Dec 2, 2009
    Sunny side up :)
    Ah she's cute! Your sales person sounds like the one at TSC with my last rescue. There was this cute little chick running around the bin that had poop stuck to its but the size of a pingpong ball !!! They didn't want to touch it so of course I took it home and also got it a little friend. It took less than a minute to soak its behind in warm water in a little cup and that poo came right off. It would have died. Now she is a beautiful pullet.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: