Yet Another Washington Chicken Lover!

Mountain Maggy

Hatching
9 Years
Oct 20, 2010
Skagit Valley, WA.
I live in the beautiful Upper Skagit Valley of Washington State & I'm very happy to have found this site/forum! I can't believe how many chicken lovers are out there & so many from Washington State! YAY!!
smile.png

Right now I don't have any chickens but in the spring I plan to get a few Marans or Welsummers or a couple of both breeds. In the past I've raised many chickens including Barred Rocks, Rhode Island Reds, Buff Orpingtons & Jersey Giants. I'm very excited about getting some new hens! I've really missed having farm fresh eggs from my own chickens.

I live alone with one cat (Poppy), one mini dachshund (Ryker) and one Min Pin (Tyson). My son is grown & engaged to be married in February. They already have one beautiful daughter (5 months old now) & I can't wait until she's old enough to take out & collect eggs with me.
smile.png

My other hobbies are organic gardening, genealogy & computer gaming. For exercise I do a little weight lifting since it's good for your bones, heart, muscles, attitude.

A friend is going to build me a chicken tractor in the late winter/early spring & when it's done I'll be looking for some hens to go into it. I can't wait to collect some of those beautiful chocolate eggs! Glad I found this forum because it'll give me plenty of reading material while I wait for spring.
smile.png

Quote:
Yes it's very pretty and escept for Tuesday we've had lovely weather. I have Buff and Lavender and Black Orpingtons. I have a few RIR and Cuckoo Marans. I have some spash and copper Marans. I also have a Wyndotte that is broody right now and some naked Neck chickens. If you ever want to visit the chickens PM me.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom