YIKES!! Just looked in the nestbox for eggs and there was a RACCOON!!!

Quote:
That sounds like he puts that trapped animal in a plastic trash bag and inserts the exhaust pipe of his truck.
cool.png

A racoon bit a wonderful chicken of mine. I thought I took care of the wound well enough by cleaning is and applying bacitracin. To my horror, a week later she was being eaten alive by maggots. I guess there was a wound I did not see under all that feathers!

My chicken died a few days later but guess hw I felt one morning when I was driving t work and saw a racoon squished by some car tires on the road. You can only imagine what I wished for...

Quote:
Unfortunately NY now (as of 2010) classifies air rifles over a certain velocity as a 'firearm' and one must be a minimum of 500' from any occupied dwelling in order to legally discharge it.
sad.png

(emphasis mine... the chances of a neighbor actually caring are low but I felt I should mention it just in case)

i think i would just make sure my neighbors were aware that you caught a raccoon and were going to dispatch it with the airgun. just in case someone is easily startled by the noise. i am sure they would prefer it dead than possibly giving them rabies!

I would love to have a nice resident non chicken-eating raccoon. He would have his territory and keep all the chicken-eating raccoons away!
ETA and thanks for reminding me to go lock up. It's dark enough...

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom