Yippee!!!! Missing Roosters and Hen found!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by farmgirlie1031, Nov 10, 2008.

1. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] Last week I lost a rooster into thin air. I searched and searched but could not find him. 2 days later a hen vanished. Then yesterday another rooster vanished. I was so very sad. I was not going to let my chickens run around anymore thinking a hawk or fox or raccoon must be taking them. But it did not make sense either as I could not find any feathers or signs of attack. So then we got to thinking maybe a human stole them but we hadn't heard any cars or seen any tire tracks so that did not match up either. It was a total mystery. Well, just about 30 min. ago I looked out there they are! YIPPPPPPPPPEEEEEE!!!!!! HOORAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. ChickyBabe

ChickyBabe Out Of The Brooder

May 14, 2007
    Wisconsin
    yay! [​IMG] ! i love it when my chickens are fond like that! [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

3. farmgirlie1031

farmgirlie1031 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 26, 2008
    IA
    It's the 1st time is has ever happened to me and of course they were my most fave ones. I'm so glad a predator did not get them but I would really love to know where in the world they have been. Alien abduction?[​IMG] I'm just glad they were found and hope it never happens again.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. lovemychix

lovemychix Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 14, 2008
    Moulton Iowa
    I guess they were taking a mini vacation. [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by