YO GEORGIANS! :)

I have 5 heritage RIR 4 of them appear to be cockerels I would like to swap 3 of them for some pullets. This are from Pine Grove's line.
I'm only interested in heritage RIR.
44571_heritage_reds.jpg

Scott

Last edited:
Hi there!

Moving hopefully to GA in the next month and I have few questions about ordinances - we may be near the Midway area and I wanted to know what kind of restrictions they have on Chickens? We have had quite a few where I live now and are selling off the last 22 of our flock tomorrow.
hit.gif

Looking to possibly restart a small flock down there.

Thanks!

I had chicken trauma several weeks ago when my dog broke into my coop after leftovers and played too hard with 10 of the 8 week old "stuffed animals" in there (neither of my dogs pays attention to the chickens normally, but buddy is a stuffed animal junky:(). You know how you finally get chicks out of the messy stage and out to the coop and are so relieved... well I was SO UPSET when this happened after I had just moved them -- then, to lose my chicks AND to have to start all over.

Well starting over we are -- in a big way! I got 33 chicks in the mail on Friday, and they are precious and doing well! I'm supposed to be sharing them with a neighbor, but I don't know how I'm going to choose which ones to let go! I got 10 cochin straight run -- I think they sent 5 partridge, 2 blue, 2 buff, and 1 white. I also got EEs, Speckled Sussex, Wyandottes, and Black Australorps. I'm SO thrilled and can't wait to get started on my new bus coop! We have an old bus next to one of our orchards that we're going to bring to the house and turn into another coop -- mine is just too small!

72364_new_bus_coop_7.jpg

72364_new_bus_coop_1.jpg

Partridge cochins?
72364_new_chicks_052211_23.jpg

Blue, buff, white cochins?
72364_new_chicks_052211_26.jpg

Have a great week, everyone!

Quote:
What Midway area are you talking about? What county or city? If it is a True City I do not know where it is, lol If is it a small town in Forsyth County then I know where you are referring too.

Hello Mellisa, mmmmm my computer is slow - Springfield is that north, se, or which section of ga??? I should get a new computer , high speed cable is slow, must be all those kids out of school on the lines. LOL

We're in Bowdon, GA = West GA area. We have a lot of critters for sale now, bunnies, turkey poults, turkey eggs and chicken eggs....Anyone in our area this weekend, send me a pm I'll make you a "super duper Local deal on eggs"!

Our website is http://thegarryfarm.webs.com/
See
How to contact us for the add/#.

facebook The Garry Farm

And blogging on http://thegarryfarm.blogspot.com/

We
full time farm with milk, eggs, veggies, honey, etc, so I'm not on here much anymore but welcome to all the last new ones! Love GA, love this section!!!!! (I have to share this now - NEWS alert, Our Coronation Sussex are laying heavily and we're about to release some hatching eggs - I have those coros They are super sized, beautiful and soooo sweet....also we had our last hatch - LOL - of bunnies and we have sweet little mini rex, rex and mini lops and NZW, remember bunny love is year round!!!

PM me, call me ....We welcome you on the farm, but let us know you are coming, so I can greet you! I've run 3 acres before only to see the car driving down the drive way! LOL, too hot to run very fast these days!
Praying you will have a wonderful and safe Memorial Day weekend... Love you all ...........Farmer Nancy, aka Miss Nancy, or in Bowdon - that crazy Zoo or sometimes call The Crazy Chicken Lady ( they are polite to me though when they see me they say there's the Chicken lady...LOL

Come to see us! Order some eggs please............!
smile.png
I just cannot bring it to my heart to scramble our rarer eggs!

Last edited:
Quote:
You will be about an hour from me (I am in Jesup) and as long as you buy rural property with no covenants, there are no restrictions that I'm aware of.

Back
Top Bottom