YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    I was going to be a smarta$$ and describe the eggs (well, they're kind of oval and dull and ... ) but I actually want help so I'll go get some pics instead. [​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 7, 2014
  2. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

Yeah....thanks to who?

So over?

3. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    Well, I meant more like color, size, etc., lol!
    Large fowl, bantam, green, tan, etc.

4. GAMarans

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Robo ... no fair picking on me. I have pain meds on board.

LT ... they are "full size" eggs. One was pink, one was bluish, one was olive green, and one was grocery store brown.

Here are a few pictures of one of the chicks. Don't recall which egg he came out of though. Helpful, I know. lol

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And how can I tell that somebody new has started to lay at the farm, you ask? One of these things is not like the others.

[​IMG]

Ok, so they all are a bit different but that one ... that ain't no Marans egg there kids. (And I think a couple of my Marans girls could use a break ... the color is getting awfully light on some of those. [​IMG] )

1 person likes this.
  5. LingaB

LingaB Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 24, 2014
    Appling, GA
    How long from the time that a hen starts laying will she have bigger/normal sized eggs?

6. GAMarans

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    That small, light colored egg is from a different breed of chicken. There's no Marans in that one.

7. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    Hmm, I wonder if she sent you some of the eggs I sent with her a while back. I just gave her a dozen hatching eggs as I was running out of room then, too. But that baby looks at least part Sumatra with all of that black! Plus the fact that the black stops halfway down the middle toe, reminds me of them. As babies, their foot color does that for some reason. As adults, their legs are all black. Same with the yellow wing and belly colors - it may start growing white feathers there. But once they become full-grown adults, they are solid black with the green sheen.

Blueish and olive green are definitely easter eggers, of course. If the brown one came from me though, that would also be an easter egger... mix. It would be 3/4 EE and 1/4 Plymouth Rock.

8. buddy phoenix

buddy phoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    possum snout
    Hello everybody

9. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    Good evening, Buddy

10. GAMarans

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Hi Buddy.

LT ... thanks. We'll see what she says when she gets on here as far as where they originated.

Can't wait to see what colors we end up with on the Silkies.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by