YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. carcar80

carcar80 Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2013
    GA, US
    :lau

2. mrsdszoo

mrsdszoo Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 19, 2012
    ...and now he's got issues "pulling the trigger" {snicker}.

3. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    Great! Now look at that...and i try so hard to stay neutral :p.

4. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

If we can get Mrs. Zoo to stop being mean for just a second....

carcar who is your source for those gorgeous birds?

5. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    Zoo, please feel free to continue to harass Robo. I can always use some back-up.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2014
  6. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    Oh god...tears of laughter...and me with no smiley functions! LOL

7. abmaddox1981

abmaddox1981 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2013
    Griffin Georgia
    We are in the Taurus. And I swear, they had almost 100 dozen eggs to sell. And biddies? Dear god. It's like a garage sale at a hatchery. They JUST started cage animals. I must get some Rex bunnies too. I don't know where he thinks we're putting these critters.

8. ChristyinGA

ChristyinGA Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2013
    Ball Ground, GA
    @LTygress - How scary! So glad you are safe!! I wonder if they failed to reattached your brake line properly on Thursday?

@mrsdszoo - I am hoping to make it down there either Tuesday or Wednesday. Do either of those work for you?

I came home this evening to find two chicks had mostly zipped and gotten stuck. Since I lost a fully zipped chick overnight, I pulled these guys out and assisted. One of them had a membrane that looked like an onion skin - yellow and dry. No blood vessels and their yolks were absorbed. I removed them quite quickly and they are now warming up in the incubator. I hope they make it. If they don't, I know they would have died in the shell...

I have 7 eggs still in there that have not pipped. Today is day 22. I'm thinking about taking all the gunk/shells out and moving those 7 to where I can watch them in the window for pipping. I considered putting a hole in the aircell, but I think if they are alive, they'll just dry out, too. Humidity keeps falling into the 50's, although it's 70 right now.

I have had ONE Welsummer hatch. I was really hoping for at least a pair out of my 4 eggs that made it to lockdown. *sigh* Looking at wing feathers, this one may be a boy. But it's not completely dry/fluffy yet.

I'm still a little shaky from having to assist. I had planned to NOT do that on my first hatch, but I had no choice. Wish I hadn't lost the legbar last night :(

9. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    Aim for a nice broken buck on the small side with short-ish ears (their standard is for animals smaller than what most people actually have, and if they have two, get me one, lol). And I wasn't kidding, I'll pay you back for any Velveteen Lops you can wrangle -within reason, of course. They might fit in the glove compartment ;). This should really be documented with a photo -your farm auction clown car!

10. mrsdszoo

Oct 19, 2012
    oh, and if they have nice cages, all the better, HAhaha!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by