YO GEORGIANS! :)

I finally got tired of waiting on Frizzle roo. I took the oldest actual frizzle hen (who is about five months old) and tossed her in with the only other bantam roo I have right now...

The white silkie.

So hopefully very soon I'll start getting a mixed-breed silkie/cochin with 50% being frizzled. And if I do, the babies are being bred back to my silkies again. That's right - I'm on project frizzled silkie!

(I THINK sizzles are just the mixed breeds with frizzle feathers. I can't remember, so I'll have to look it up when I get back on the computer.)
Sizzles are bantam Cochin mixed with silkie with one of the two parents having frizzled feathers. When breeding them you can get four types of offspring; frizzled sizzle - silkie type with frizzled barbed feathers, smooth sizzle - silkie type with smooth feathers, frizzled silkie - silkie type with frizzled silkie feathers, and regular silkie.

I recently researched these ALOT. I have eggs coming from one of the best sizzle breeders in the country...she's on f17 of her program and her birds are amazing. Here's a link to her FB Farm page. https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaCountryRanchPoultryAndWaterfowl?ref=ts&fref=ts I just hope I don't kill all of the eggs in my incubator.

Sizzles are bantam Cochin mixed with silkie with one of the two parents having frizzled feathers. When breeding them you can get four types of offspring; frizzled sizzle - silkie type with frizzled barbed feathers, smooth sizzle - silkie type with smooth feathers, frizzled silkie - silkie type with frizzled silkie feathers, and regular silkie.

I recently researched these ALOT. I have eggs coming from one of the best sizzle breeders in the country...she's on f17 of her program and her birds are amazing. Here's a link to her FB Farm page. https://www.facebook.com/CaliforniaCountryRanchPoultryAndWaterfowl?ref=ts&fref=ts I just hope I don't kill all of the eggs in my incubator.

Okay good, I was hoping I had it right. Sizzle is essentially mix breed, but Frizzled Silkie is what I'm ultimately trying to get. I want the black skin, fifth toe, mulberry pea-combs, and silkie feathers, with curls to them.

Wish me luck on this venture! It's going to take a while!

What!?
ep.gif
My chick pics did not elicit a single comment!! Come, come now!
old.gif
Actually, I was going to ask if those were light brahmas.

Back
Top Bottom