YO GEORGIANS! :)

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by SeramaSweetie, Jan 13, 2009.

1. LTygress

LTygress Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 12, 2012
    That's what I thought that big 21' by 17' pen might be.

Until they ate all of the grass out of it, and the pen turned into one giant mud puddle.

2. GAMarans

GAMarans Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2014
    Georgia
    OK goose eggie-type peoples ... Robo's goose egg air cells are kind of attached. One looks great, no movement. The others still have a bit of wiggle but when I careful lay the egg over, they only move a little bit. Should I give them more time in the upright position or go ahead and get them in the incubator?

3. buddy phoenix

buddy phoenix Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 18, 2012
    possum snout
    Hurl n puke both bcm gens my daughter had named. 3 black silkies. i told u .

4. buddy phoenix

Dec 18, 2012
    possum snout
    mean bcm hens got gens lol

5. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    How long have you had them that way? About 24 hours?

If so, go ahead and put them in the incubator. My first three all had detached air cells, and I left them out for 24 hours. None reattached, but they are developing anyway.

And the BLRW eggs that abmaddox gave me got detached air cells because this little crappy dog here knocked them out of my hand when I got home. They didn't reattach within 24 hours, but they DID reattach after I put them in the incubator. Although they were mostly upright in the incubator because they were in an egg turner.

But if your goose eggs are "mostly" attached, they'll probably be fine.

6. RoboDuck

RoboDuck Chillin' With My Peeps

As I figure I was ignored when I mentioned it before, I'll tell you again. This one is going to be 100' by 50' separated into 4 quadrants with a coop in the middle that allows access to all four parts from inside. These 4 spaces will be used to separate full blooded chickens and some waterfowl. The goats will occupy one quadrant for a short time until the property is fenced. Which should happen by the end of next week. Then the donkeys can come home and live with the goats. And possibly the miniature horses if we get those this weekend.

7. LTygress

Sep 12, 2012
    No, I remember. I'm just saying I thought a nice big pen was... well, nice. Until it all turned to mud.

Then I started thinking smaller and moveable was much better!

Last edited: Mar 13, 2014
  8. buddy phoenix

Dec 18, 2012
    possum snout
    Robo goats n donkeys. y not some minature horses. throw in a couple cows n pigs. lol

9. RoboDuck

Hopefully since this one is being built in the woods and will be rather deep in leaves, the mud thing will take a while. I hope.

10. RoboDuck

You must've missed the miniature horse part of that post... lol I want a cow. But NO pigs.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by