YO GEORGIANS! :)

The kids found 3 eggs in the shed coop today! 2 yesterday! But a few days before nothing... I am not sure if the kids are just finding older eggs or if more of the pullets are laying than just one. One thing is for certain, nothing is laying eggs in the bin/nesting boxes we made for them! Soooo now we need to make something else for them to lay in! Golf balls are not working!

Last edited:
:clap :love

Can you see it??

Thanks!! Oh my GOSH y'all this is JUST too cool. These babies are so trusting! Amazing the difference a mommy makes.

Squeee!!

Oh, how exciting! Wish I was there to play with them, too! I am sad, I candled the one egg left that my broody was sitting on....it was suppose to hatch Friday. It was just all liquidy!! Will take it out and put in a good one from the bator, but that will mean another 10 days of sitting for her. But, I want her to have one. Of all the 59 eggs I had in the bator, am now down to 13. Oh well, I learned not to order from someone all the way in Calif. I was just so wanting them because he offered such a variety. Carcar, didn't your brahmas come from Papa Brooder? I think I have 2 of the Gold/Blue Brahmas left in the bator! Hope they are as nice as yours!

I did order some eggs from him but mine all quit. My adults I found on CL after I had already ordered from Papa, and boy was I glad! And thanks for the compliment, I love my brahmas :)

oh i need advice on something.... with all this rain my hens arent able to take dust baths and its just so yuck in the run right now. I was thinking of creating a dry space for them that they can still take dust baths even if its wet.
Do you think if I used the cat box pictured below, and filled with DE, SEVEN dust and river sand, do you think they would get in there and use it???

would this just be more trouble than its worth? thoughts from the masses please!!!

They might use it! We have our chickens in a grass run and shavings in their coop, meaning no dirt or sand to bath in, so we put sand in a container (open toped) and put it in the yard and they use it. We do have to change out the sand from time to time but it is worth it. I think that is a cool idea if they end up liking it!

They might use it! We have our chickens in a grass run and shavings in their coop, meaning no dirt or sand to bath in, so we put sand in a container (open toped) and put it in the yard and they use it. We do have to change out the sand from time to time but it is worth it. I think that is a cool idea if they end up liking it! 
well, I decided not to spend any money and I found a large rectangular plastic shallow container I already had to use instead. It's not covered, but maybe I can rig something together above it? Idk...
I will post pics of my two new girls later today.

Back
Top Bottom