YO GEORGIANS! :)

So I went out at seven to check the birds.. Went to get eggs from the green coop and the brolive-egger was in the box. Kind of late to be laying, I thought. But I left her for another half hour.

As I walked back out and saw she still wasn't out, it hit me. Duh. She's broody.

Sure enough, as I reached in she puffed up and growled at me as I fished PIPING HOT eggs from under her. :gig

Jeez. She's kinda young to be broody I thought.. Must be the hormones they're putting in the chicken these days!

And I guess it helps also if your family are very hands on with your flock an a new roo so they wouldn't see you as something trying to harm them. Then the roo wouldn't have any reason to attack yall unless it's a agresive breed

no. 

I've been very "hands on" with these since day one. I've gone down there and had them crawling in my lap when I'd get settled. This is a rooster growing to adulthood, and doing what roosters do. Was he being protective? I don't think that was it, because I'd already walked right through the middle of them. The little bugger waited until I had my back turned, and tried to sucker punch me from behind, and then stood there with his head cocked to see if I'd do anything about it. 

I do know some breeds are more aggressive than others, but I totally disagree with your 'the roo wouldn't have any reason to attack'.....it's a male dominance thing, pure and simple, that is built into the males of most animal species.
You said it Papa right down to the very last letter and word its avmale dominant thing grown into every male animal its in their genes at adulthood or growing into adulthood as dominant of the pack or flock so to speak and I agree with what you said 100%.

Quote:
That is the stuff my DH took and they would not let him drive while on it but again that was a big rig
Quote:Yeah Party at TSC great fun the last one.
clap.gif

I'll be there
aww. Wish I could make it! I'm driving a 200 mile pigeon race that day and will be exhausted when I pull on around 11 if I'm lucky. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey everyone it's been awhile since I've been on. Those that know me, me and buddy split up. All of our chickens and ducks are for sale if not sold by Saturday they are going to the chicken sale.

Back
Top Bottom