YO GEORGIANS! :)

Hi [COLOR=333333]katiedarling...the picture is a hoot! Would you tell me if the vet you use for chickens is around the Rome area?[/COLOR]
what area are you in, again? She's way down in Lamar & Pike County. If you're close to that area & you are interested, I can PM you her number.
Or, there is some thread in the forums that has a photo chart of the different types of chicken poo. What's good and what's not. Don't read it while you're eating anything though. Just saying.
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f4a9.png

Hi @Silver Hill,
I love the Bargain Barn. Great place to shop for anything outdoorsy! When you see that you might be over this way, PM me, and I will try to run over to meet you.

hit.gif
poor little Rose! I just had to bring her inside. apparently, her saddle feathers weren't what I needed to be concerned about. I just happened to catch her lean forward to peck in the dirt, her whole bum is bald and bruised!! She looks a mess. I just brought her inside and she is in my downstairs bathroom on some fluffed up towels to keep he comfy. she seems fine, but I figured it's best to get her out of harms way. I'm not sure if it was Stanley or the fact that I noticed Blanche was pecking at everyone the other day. She was mostly tormenting Stanley but I have no idea if she's partly responsible for this. How long will it take for her feathers to grow in? Boy, are chickens brutal.

So sorry for Rose. There is much to learn about keeping chickens and how to take care of their ails. Ohhh..........for a completely happy, healthy flock.
big_smile.png

what area are you in, again? She's way down in Lamar & Pike County. If you're close to that area & you are interested, I can PM you her number.
Or, there is some thread in the forums that has a photo chart of the different types of chicken poo. What's good and what's not. Don't read it while you're eating anything though. Just saying.
1f44d-1f3fb.png
1f4a9.png
Thanks for the reply and the offer but I'm in Floyd County in North GA.

Hi @Silver Hill,
I love the Bargain Barn. Great place to shop for anything outdoorsy! When you see that you might be over this way, PM me, and I will try to run over to meet you.
Thanks Henthused, that sounds good. My wife shops at Sackett's Western sometimes also so we'll give you a shout.

Thanks for the reply and the offer but I'm in Floyd County in North GA.

Thanks Henthused, that sounds good. My wife shops at Sackett's Western sometimes also so we'll give you a shout.

I thought so. I just couldn't remember. I had a feeling because I'm pretty sure I'm all by my lonesome down this way!
lol.png

We looked all over the north part of the state when we moved. There were houses in Hoschton, Monroe, Gainesville, and then 1 in Bremen we loved. Wanted to make offers on a couple of them but they were already under contract. The one in Bremen was pretty rad but there was allegedly some issue with the estate (family members fighting over it I think), enough that a previous contract was dropped by the buyer and I didn't wanna fool with it. Then, I found the one we are in and fell in love with it before I was all the way up the driveway. So here we are in the opposite part of the state we were originally looking. LOL

Well finally think it is time to rehome my two remaining roosters, A Buff O and a Wellsumer. The buff is calm and gentle, but the other, if I don't rehome will be gone one way or the other. It seems to think that when I go into the run, he has to attack me, and he has done that for the last time. Have tried everything to keep him calm, no luck.
To break my attacker, I would go and seek him out and pick him up and carry him a round for a while, You have to get back on top of the pecking order. My attacker was a re-home and the woman that had him used a broom, so I don't recommend an object as when I carry my feed scoop and I forget he sees it as something he has to attack, I hope this helps,

Back
Top Bottom