YO GEORGIANS! :)

Has anyone else noticed a lot of bare fields in GA. I’ve been driving here and there and I’m just seeing tons of empty fields where crops should have been planted but they’re barren!

Update: my broody stopped being broody.
I noticed Sunday / Monday that the large ranches/farms around here finally fertilized the fields ( nothing smells better then large amounts of chicken poop spread all over the world). Maybe just late this year? Usually they fertilize end March first of April around here.

That sucks about your broody. Sometimes they just don't commit.

Yes about the fields. I was hoping it was because it just happens to be in-between some seasons for something??? With all of the craziness going on though, who knows. The only reason I noticed was because it was windy and there was a giant dust plume blowing across the road from the empty field. And they wonder why we lose topsoil...

True. I’m also hoping it’s just temporary due to all the craziness. Or to let the land rest a bit. I’m sure it can’t be good for the soil to plant year after year with no break. I just hope it doesn’t become 2 years in a row or 3 and so on.

I noticed Sunday / Monday that the large ranches/farms around here finally fertilized the fields ( nothing smells better then large amounts of chicken poop spread all over the world). Maybe just late this year? Usually they fertilize end March first of April around here.

Okay that’s good to know. Maybe they’re a little behind since this lockdown happened right smack in the middle. I’m all for optimism 😊

It was cold and now it’s hot. One of my 3 week old chicks was getting picked on because he scratched his back with chicken wire and they just flocked to the blood I guess. Wondering if I should separate him by himself or with a buddy. I thought it had scabbed over since this was a while ago but now the blood is back 😔

It’s happy eating and drinking so at least there’s that.

HH0611 is in the process of hatching some of the eggs I gave her. She has three that have hatched today with another three due to hatch today or tomorrow.

let me or her know if you are looking for any new additions

I also have 7 being brooded due by Monday

HH is in Marietta and I am in Covington (East of Atlanta)

Possibilities
Bielefelder
Bielefelder / Partridge Rock
Orp / Brahma cross
Orp
Orp / SLW

Thank you
C

HYSOP have you tried "blue kote" or something similar? This will stop the pecking on the wound but if it wont stop the "pecking order" process.

1588878016421.png

HYSOP have you tried "blue kote" or something similar? This will stop the pecking on the wound but if it wont stop the "pecking order" process.

View attachment 2127333

Thanks! His wound scabbed over already. It wasn’t very deep. But I am keeping an eye on him. I’ll see how much that is and the best by date to see if it’s worth to have on hand long term.

We hatched 4 of 7 last night. 3 more to go. 🤞🏻

Congrats!! So exciting 🥰

@Kgbao — how is your batch coming along? I haven’t been candling this batch at all. I only candled enough to verify all were fertile but not long enough to ensure movement. I guess I’ll find out on day 18 when they go on lockdown.

Both of my batches started to hatch on day 19. My remaining three are showing no peeping on day 20.

Did you rotate your eggs? Maybe the early birds were in a hot spot? I would candle and tap lightly to see if you hear anything or see movement.

My Peachicks are on lockdown, tomorrow is actually hatch day but I'm obsessing tonight, lol.

Back
Top Bottom