YO GEORGIANS! :)

I had the 5wk old Tolbunts up to the office for a brooder brake. They are molting big time and protective Mama (Me) is not ready to move them out to a new coop until they have feathered better. Friday I set 10 more Tolbunt eggs in the incubator :)

Last edited:
I had the 5wk old Tolbunts up to the office for a brooder brake. They are molting big time and protective Mama (Me) is not ready to move them out to a new coop until they have feathered better. Friday I set 10 more Tolbunt eggs in the incubator :)

Oh my those are the cutest things ever!

Hey this is luckylee and I am a newbee to Ga. We bought our property last Dec. and developed it and moved into our new home 4 weeks ago.. We just built a chicken ccop and have not had chickens since I was a child.. so I will need lots of help.. :)   I have been cooresponding with a friend from New Mexico and she gave me the thread to Ga.. new to me also.. I am looking for about 6 month old or near that Rhode Island Reds 4-6 hens to start with.. Then we will be expanding before spring! I am south of Macon and north of Perry  if anyone can help me with inexpensive hens please let me know.. [email protected]  Thanks Sharon

Lucky, We are close. We live West I-75 West of Russell Parkway we have a Byron address. I don't have any excess chickens. I got mine this Spring.There is a hatchery just South of us near Haynesville just South of341. It's called the Mad Hatcher. I found the link on this web site. I haven't been ther. I got chicks and ducklings at Tractor Supply. My granddaughter selected them since she wanted some and insisted on selecting them. I grew up with a back yard flock and grew some as a 4H project. Let me know if I can help. I have been in this area over 40 years. Welcome to BYC. There are also some people around Macon. There is one lady from Tifton.

Byron

Wow! what beautiful and extremely cute birds!!

smile.png

Thanks y'all proud Mama. I've already drawn up the plans for their new coop, it's going to be a storybook cottage style ( figured it went with their unique look). I've gotten my new saw blades just have to hit the hardware store for my wood and supplies. Fingers crossed I have a good hatch from the Tolbunt eggs in the incubator, hoping for a couple frizzles but will be happy with a good healthy hatch scheduled 12/13/13…how's that for a date.

Hey guys, I am selling some of my chickens to make room in my coop. They are up on Craigslist if you are interested. I have a bantam buff cochin hen, 2 serama cockerel's, 1 silver laced Wyandotte pullet and a partridge silkie pullet. Just search northwest Georgia for "chickens" if you are interested.

Back
Top Bottom