YO GEORGIANS! :)

Took an hour walk in the woods in the beautiful snow! (Since I was suppose to be on an airplane anyway) Here are some photos of our home (Bear Ridge Lodge) in Dawsonville.

From across our lake....view from the front of the house

View from the fire ring.

And, of course, my beloved chickens! This was the only strip of ground that didn't have snow on it! hahahhaha!

I'll probably grow it anyway, and just let them have the cobs themselves. And I might go for carrots for something ground-level (they can eat the green part that grows above-ground).

Mine aren't touching carrots. The best time to plant them and othe cool season crops in Georgi i Labor day. I have carrots growing that the chickens won't touch. Chicken love Kale which will grow all winter. They will also eat buckwheat and alfalfa. They are grown in the winter also. English Peas are good Springtime forage plant them very early. Cow peas are good summer forage and they build up the soil. Clover is a cool season forage that also builds the soil. The chickens do like the young tender ears of corn.

yup yup yup Valentines weekend. I can't wait picking up 3 frizzled bunt babies :) I am soooo looking forward to this, I had the flu last year and missed it.

This will be my first show. I am looking forward to seeing the chickens and meeting some of the BYC members. We need a way to recognize each other.

Took an hour walk in the woods in the beautiful snow! (Since I was suppose to be on an airplane anyway) Here are some photos of our home (Bear Ridge Lodge) in Dawsonville. From across our lake....view from the front of the house View from the fire ring. And, of course, my beloved chickens! This was the only strip of ground that didn't have snow on it! hahahhaha!
you have a lovely home. And what a view! My girls are the same way. They dont like that funny, cold white stuff on the ground. :D

Back
Top Bottom