YO GEORGIANS! :)

I have some chicken coop questions.

1) We're thinking of taking out one of the solid metal panels in the roof and replacing it with a translucent panel. Good or bad idea?

2) I want to paint the inside of the coop. I know, I know, but you have to understand that I'm in the "make it pretty" business and I can't help myself! Is there anything I should be aware of before I do this? I'm going to paint it white or a very light color like a light beige. Any thoughts?

Still only one out. But 2 are getting ready to zip and I have 1 external pip and a number of internals. I hear at least 4.

I am the unhappy husband who she is talking about!  Yes, I do believe there is a potential mental disorder when you start with 4 chickens and now we have 35.  She swore on our marriage of 41 years that if I got her 8, she would never ask for another one.  We peaked at 60 and she had no idea she had that many.  Thanks to acts of God and bears, we are down now to 35 and she wants more!  I can only believe that there has to be a common disease or  disorder, there is something wrong.  I am sure I will get no sympathy from anyone on here, but I assure you, there are many like me suffering!
      Flowerbh's husband

I agree wholeheartedly. These women are nuts.

When you have her committed, can I have her chickens and coops?

I started to suspect my blue ameraucauna chick was male and posted pix on here. Others said look at the comb and look for three rows of vertical peas instead of just one. Sho 'nough the chick has 3 vertical rows, having said that it was not easy to tell and my little Dominique of the same age has a wide flat comb that could be interpreted as multiple rows but I am sure that chick is female because of the dark feathering.

See the three faint rows on the blue below at 5 weeks:

Thank you so much and your photo really helps make this clear! I love love this information! :)

Now that I can get a good look at her, she is thin and almost all of her tail feathers are missing or shredded. Poor girl has had a time of it. She is a little freaked out that she can't get out, but the others did the same thing. Now they are more trusting of me and don't really run away when I approach. They are FINNALLY not huddled in the corner were the other one was outside the fence. This just made my day!!!
wee.gif

So glad to hear you got her back!

Back
Top Bottom