YO GEORGIANS! :)

Thank you! its not quite finished yet but functional. Need to add some paint and a run. They are just about ready to get on the ground and get their scratch on!

Catching up with housework after being gone for 2 weeks. Making sure my girls aren't breaking out with new mites....yeah while I was gone they broke out in mites UGGGHH. But not in life threatening condition. My silkies are fine though. The babies weren't affected either. All were in different areas of the house lol. Hubby diddn't know what to do for the chickens. OMG. LAUNDRY HELL! And there is only 2 of us. What are u up to?
Can you tell me about mites? How do they get them? hos do you prevent them?

The coop I have built for our girls. All from recycled wood. Mainly old pallets!
I love it!! Nice Job! :)

Also WELCOME to all the newbies!

Hi Flowerbh; I am just finishing all my "stuff' for the day, and trying to keep from getting hopelessly lost in the thread :).

Ugh ... every single one of Robo's new eggs that arrived today has a detached air cell. It will be ok ... it will be ok ... it will be ok ...

zoo ... I'd love to have them if you are sure you don't mind the drive. Between sicknesses and schedules there is simply no way that I could get away.

I certainly understand about the illness; I hope everyone is feeling better soon (we all know who gets sick after the young'uns...sigh) I don't mind the drive; and I might be kidnapping abmaddox for company :). Do you need them tomorrow (Tuesday -which is almost today) or Wednesday? PM me with times/address and contact info and your eggs will be on their way!

Whew, this weekends renters included 10 adults and 13 kids. All the kids ranged from 3 - 7 years old. At first, my DH and I were worried that they would trash the house and yard (and it's happened before), but these kids are all really sweet and well behaved and get along really great! Today we did a pirates treasure hunt for them and they had to solve clues and walked all over our 25 acres! (Parents love that we tire out the kids so they go to bed early!) At the end, they dig up their treasure (that the parents give us in advance) They all had a great time. I also had a mini chicken class and they all got a chance to hold the younger chickens and asked all types of questions.....mostly like "do these eggs have baby chickens in them?" NO, I don't have a rooster to be their daddy....,they need a daddy to make a baby chick." So, they all leave and run up to my husband and ask him if he will be the daddy to my eggs so I can get baby chicks in my eggs!!!!! hahahahah.....kids are so cute......(sometimes!)

Here is our website: http://bearridgelodge.com/

And! I was sneaky and got two baby chicks today! A speckled sussex and an Easter Egger that has a few feathers already. Very unusual coloring. White with orange. Hope it will be a lacy looking color. My DH will shoot me when he finds out! But, I just sold my true rumpless Araucanas pair and a guy is suppose to come tomorrow and buy my Serama roo and I found a guy to take my EE roo and the Serama girl is leaving next week. I also may sell my POL Silver Laced Wyandotte because I already have one. I also have an extra Black Australorp that I could part with. And, so I needed to replace them with a breed I don't have, right?! I am suppose to be downsizing! But, with the predators around here, I could lose a bunch in one lump sum! So, I need to have enough now, right? Just in case I lose some later, right?

Ok, so I totally love the lodge :). My brother-in-law and his wife started a family tradition for Memorial Day weekend a few years back, and we all get together with various friends and family members and rent a "cabin" for the weekend. Our group keeps growing and we're a pretty diverse group, so we love options like "seclusion, but close to stuff". We're booked into a place in TN this year, but I'm putting Bear Ridge in for the vote for next year! I'd be sad to leave the dogs behind for the weekend, but the chicken company will make up for that.

Belated "Good Night" to everybody -I'm caught up now, after everyone has gone to bed as has become my habit I guess. Maybe if the fabric of space and time shifts or rips a little, I'll be up early enough to chat with y'all in the morning
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom