YO GEORGIANS! :)

Update: The egg pipped early this morning. Tiny tiny pip. Nothing all day. Got a little worried so I took it out and tried to pull back a small piece of the pipped part. OMG! The shell was like concrete! I couldn't crack any of it! So I ended up tapping it with a knife. And still had trouble with the shell. Poor baby! No wonder it didn't make any headway! Anyway, got enough of the shell and membrane away from his face so it can breathe comfortably. Will leave it alone for a while to absorb the blood. (Not as bloody as it looks) But, at this point I think it will be ok. Really was a hard shell!!!

Update:

Yay!!!

So I'm doing some arranging, and looking at what I've got. I've got a BUNCH of roosters, mostly young ones, that need to go.
5 production type buff orps, only 3 months old, and bigger than my grown RIR hens, plus some bantam roosters and some cute EE roosters, 1 Dominique rooster, 3 months old
I'm sure there are some others.

Oh, and I candled a few of the eggs that are in the incubator, and there are veins!
So lots of barnyard mixes coming soon :)

Yay!!!

So I'm doing some arranging, and looking at what I've got. I've got a BUNCH of roosters, mostly young ones, that need to go.
5 production type buff orps, only 3 months old, and bigger than my grown RIR hens, plus some bantam roosters and some cute EE roosters, 1 Dominique rooster, 3 months old
I'm sure there are some others.

Oh, and I candled a few of the eggs that are in the incubator, and there are veins!
So lots of barnyard mixes coming soon :)

I know a guy who eats roosters, if you need to go that route.

About the incubator eggs! Yay!! It is so thrilling to see them grow! Good luck! When is hatch date?

Back
Top Bottom