YO GEORGIANS! :)

That's also the only reason GAM moved from Virginia.
hu.gif

Hey everyone!

I was actually wondering if I could ask a few questions of you Georgians.

First a little background: My fiance and I are living outside the US, and we plan to move to the states in a few years. I'm from NY, lived in NC 7 years before moving to Sweden to be with him. I'm looking into states in the US that I'd like to live in (ultimately we'll end up where he gets a job as a software developer/engineer, but I can push him to look harder in the states I deem "worthy").
big_smile.png

I figure who better to ask about living in Georgia than actual Georgians?
smile.png

-

What's it like living in Georgia? (Are the people friendly, is the weather nice, etc!)

How's the cost of living in Georgia?

How's the cost of houses/land in Georgia? (ie, can we get a nice little house with a basement and an acre or 2 of property for a decent price)

Are there any bad weather extremes in Georgia that are somewhat "common"? (like how Florida gets hurricanes and Cali gets brush fires and earthquakes)

I've been looking around the north-eastern area of Georgia, Augusta area in particular since my parents live a little north of Charlotte, North Carolina so I'd only be a few hours drive from them!

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers and helps me build my case for living in Georgia!

[COLOR=333333]Hey everyone![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I was actually wondering if I could ask a few questions of you Georgians.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]First a little background: My fiance and I are living outside the US, and we plan to move to the states in a few years. I'm from NY, lived in NC 7 years before moving to Sweden to be with him. I'm looking into states in the US that I'd like to live in (ultimately we'll end up where he gets a job as a software developer/engineer, but I can push him to look harder in the states I deem "worthy"). :D  [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I figure who better to ask about living in Georgia than actual Georgians? :) [/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]-[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]What's it like living in Georgia? (Are the people friendly, is the weather nice, etc!)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]How's the cost of living in Georgia?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]How's the cost of houses/land in Georgia? (ie, can we get a nice little house with a basement and an acre or 2 of property for a decent price)[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333][COLOR=373E4D]Are there any bad weather extremes in Georgia that are somewhat "common"[/COLOR][COLOR=373E4D]?[/COLOR] [COLOR=373E4D](like how Florida gets hurricanes and Cali gets brush fires and earthquakes)[/COLOR][/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]I've been looking around the north-eastern area of Georgia, Augusta area in particular since my parents live a little north of Charlotte, North Carolina so I'd only be a few hours drive from them![/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333][COLOR=373E4D]Thanks in advance to anyone who answers and helps me build my case for living in Georgia![/COLOR][/COLOR]
I'll play :)

1) I have nothing to compare it to so I'm no help there. I've only lived in small towns in NW GA but yes, people are friendly as is my experience with most places in the south. Of course I'm sure this answer would vary depending on who you ask.

2)I would say right now in MY area, you could get the place you describe for anywhere between $150k-200k, depending on how nice the house/area. Of course, in general the closer you get to ATL, the more expensive it is. Especially for ANY amount of land!

3) Tornadoes. Need I say more. ;) But again, some places seem to be more of an "alleyway" than others. But in general that's our biggest weather threat.

Back
Top Bottom