YO GEORGIANS! :)

Once your extra roosters are gone you can take a few of mine.
lau.gif
I am sure I will have more Lavander AM roosters than I need but we shall see. I know I have 1 because when I walk in there one makes that warning call. I pray I only have 1 in that group! HA! What would you get if you bred the Lavender to a white chicken or one of your black ones? (Not looking for an answer, Just wanting PapaChaz to want to try it and see.)
wee.gif
Or you could take a French BCM rooster and since they come from really dark eggs you could have really dark OE like this.
Beautiful eggs! I just hatched some olive eggers from the same breeds, a Lav AM roo over my Black Marans! She has a nice dark egg, too! Can't wait for them to grow out!

Beautiful eggs! I just hatched some olive eggers from the same breeds, a Lav AM roo over my Black Marans! She has a nice dark egg, too! Can't wait for them to grow out!

I found the pic of those eggs on the internet but the Maran eggs are close to the eggs I hatched so hoping I can do the same thing in the future. That was one of the pictures that convinced me to get the FBCM hatching eggs. HA! This is the other picture that helped convince me.

Last edited:
Son of a ....
Was moving eggs from my turner to put them in the hatching tray.
41 eggs total
16 RIR
2 SBEL
18 Ameraucana
5 silkies

Dropped the turner tray onto bricks!!!
35 of the eggs are cracked, some badly.
One loudly chirping baby with blood evident.

5 eggs were not fertile, I put the others into the hatching tray. Maybe some will hatch at least.

The good news today was my ram sheep who has been AWOL reappeared today wearing a bell.

Sorry I've been MIA. A LOT going on.

I need to rehome two hens. Both Easter Eggers. In their 2nd year of lay. $20 each. Located in Flowery Branch. Financially, I'm unable to rehome them for free.

That'll leave me with five hens-4 that I got from Flower and the one who sent me to the ER in 2015.

To our new members-welcome to BYC!

Hi Folks...back up and about building coops and working around the farm again after some health issues. I'm just now able to write about the loss of my best friend a couple of weeks back.
RIP Harry! He lived and traveled with me for over 17 years, hiking in the mountains, swimming in the oceans, fishing ,hunting or anything else I did.

crow trying to steal Harry's pepper

ball player

A few weeks back

Do you have any roos for sale?

Talk to @ericinga! I think they have several.
Son of a ....
Was moving eggs from my turner to put them in the hatching tray.
41 eggs total
16 RIR
2 SBEL
18 Ameraucana
5 silkies

Dropped the turner tray onto bricks!!!
35 of the eggs are cracked, some badly.
One loudly chirping baby with blood evident.

5 eggs were not fertile, I put the others into the hatching tray. Maybe some will hatch at least.

Oh no! Hopefully they'll make it. :(

Last edited:
Hi Folks...back up and about building coops and working around the farm again after some health issues. I'm just now able to write about the loss of my best friend a couple of weeks back.
RIP Harry! He lived and traveled with me for over 17 years, hiking in the mountains, swimming in the oceans, fishing ,hunting or anything else I did.

Sorry for your loss.
Talk to @ericinga! I think they have several.
Oh no! Hopefully they'll make it. :(

One is cheeping away now. Blue egg, but didn't write Lav or blue on it.

RIR is hatched and running around.

Last edited:
Hi Folks...back up and about building coops and working around the farm again after some health issues. I'm just now able to write about the loss of my best friend a couple of weeks back. RIP Harry! He lived and traveled with me for over 17 years, hiking in the mountains, swimming in the oceans, fishing ,hunting or anything else I did. crow trying to steal Harry's pepper ball player A few weeks back
I am sorry for your loss the fur buddys become family 17 yrs is a long life , but it doesnt make the loss any eaiser .

crow trying to steal Harry's pepper

ball player

A few weeks back

So Sorry! Dogs are Gods special gift to man. We just lost ours (16 1/2 years old) last March. I know just how you are feeling.
sad.png

Back
Top Bottom