YO GEORGIANS! :)

I think I have decided to take about 10 of my older hens to the Auction Cleveland in two weeks. I have about 50 chickens in the coop. About 20 are newbies. They should start laying around late July-Sept. I am just buying too much feed for chickens who aren't laying.

I've got an Isbar who is still laying although she is one of my older hens. I think I will sell her, too.
I've got a Silkie......always goes broody if anyone wants a broody hen
I've got a young Frizzled hen who likes to go broody, too.
I may end up selling my Lavender Roo and hen for the right price, too. I think I may go with CCL instead. (blue eggs)

Anyone interested?
speaking of laying hens, are any of the kids you got from our order laying yet? I saw my rooster and one of the welsummer girls 'gettin busy' yesterday, so it should be close!

They can see form at dusk but just cant really see what the form is. That is hilarious that she was just messing with you. She was probably not sure who was after her so she just took her time strolling until she was sure. :gig
No, I let them out at (just before) dusk. This was DARK!
1f602.png
Like 10:30.

I had a flashlight but had turned it off thinking that was why she was walking around. Nope. She only finally froze because my cat was standing in front of her on the other side of the fence. I couldn't believe she didn't run into anything. Stinker. This one is my "trouble maker", of course.

Does anyone in West Ga, Carroll Co or surrounding areas have a chicken retirement farm? I have 3 hens I need to rehome. They actually are still laying but we need to make room for some new chicks and our space is limited. The hens are between 1 and 2yo and are healthy. If you know of anyplace I can rehome them please let me know!! Thanks!

In all I have 22 quail babies, 7 bantams (not sure what breeds they are as the eggs were given to me by my cousin), 24 golden comets, 1 ameri.....ameru....amera......heck I'm not gonna hurt myself...it's one of those chickens thingies and the 12 ducklings. Figure I'm gonna have to make another house/hut for the ducklings but for now all sleep, eat and get along splendidly.

Quail are approx. 7/8 weeks old (incubated these)
Bantams 6/7 weeks old and the chicken thingy I can't spell (incubated these)
golden comets are 5 weeks old
10 Ducks are 5 weeks old (incubated the blue swedish)
2 ducklings incubated these and they are a week old

House is complete for now as I don't need nesting boxes til October (still might be too soon)
scratch yard is complete and netted overhead.
5x5 kiddie pool makes a great pond for the ducklings and the quail and chickens love running around it for the bugs
plan on adding attachments both for the quail and the ducks but both have the scratch yard connected to them.

Last edited:
Does anyone in West Ga, Carroll Co or surrounding areas have a chicken retirement farm? I have 3 hens I need to rehome. They actually are still laying but we need to make room for some new chicks and our space is limited. The hens are between 1 and 2yo and are healthy. If you know of anyplace I can rehome them please let me know!! Thanks!
1 to 2 years old and you want to retire them? LOL a one year old hen's only been laying 6 or 7 months??? put them on craigslist and sell them as laying hens. Be honest about the age, but you should still get $12-$15 each for them.

speaking of laying hens, are any of the kids you got from our order laying yet? I saw my rooster and one of the welsummer girls 'gettin busy' yesterday, so it should be close!

No. None laying yet. My Delaware is getting pretty red faced, but her wattles aren't fully out. My EE is also getting red faced, but I'm thinking it will be another 3-4 weeks yet.

Hi folks...I got my new coop finished and nest boxes are ready to go in but no hurry for that.

Inside picture

Outside with temporary turn out until I finish my fences. They'll have an acre to free range around the lake. Panels cover the door and windows in winter time

Phillip with his man bun watching over the broody hens.

I think I have decided to take about 10 of my older hens to the Auction Cleveland in two weeks.  I have about 50 chickens in the coop.  About 20 are newbies.  They should start laying around late July-Sept.  I am just buying too much feed for chickens who aren't laying. 

I've got an Isbar who is still laying although she is one of my older hens.  I think I will sell her, too.
I've got a Silkie......always goes broody if anyone wants a broody hen
I've got a  young Frizzled hen who likes to go broody, too.
I may end up selling my Lavender Roo and hen for the right price, too.  I think I may go with CCL instead.  (blue eggs)

Anyone interested?

I have CCL and Ameraucana hens. The CCL eggs are too small to sell! I'd be happy to give you a 9 month old hen if you'd like! They are super sweet. I ended up with more pullets than I thought and need to make a little room!

Back
Top Bottom