YO GEORGIANS! :)

I know all about the crud, I baby sat last friday at the church and the little darlings gave it to me, they weren't showing signs yet.  Well least you know I was interacting with them

Well, somehow she pulled off her little 24 hour trick and is back to normal today. Not sure how she does it but we're heading to auction in a few minutes.

Hope your feeling better!!

I got my first Cream Legbar eggs today. They didn't lay in the nest boxes but under the garden shed, two in a bale of pine straw and two in the gravel in a nest that resembles a Killdeer nest. They are small and a nice blue color. All my other chicken are laying well now.
Collected at noon today.
In the picture the outside eggs are from the EE's, 7 blue and a pink, the 4 in the center are from my CL's and the brown eggs are from the BOs.

I got my first Cream Legbar eggs today. They didn't lay in the nest boxes but under the garden shed, two in a bale of pine straw and two in the gravel in a nest that resembles a Killdeer nest. They are small and a nice blue color. All my other chicken are laying well now.
Collected at noon today.
In the picture the outside eggs are from the EE's, 7 blue and a pink, the 4 in the center are from my CL's and the brown eggs are from the BOs.

Ugh, I'm so jealous! 40+ hens and only 6 eggs today! What is going on with my girls???? I checked them for mites, none. No evidence of worms. Plenty of high protein expensive feed. Nice new coop. Well, there have been lots of changes lately.....but, ugh, give me a break, only 6 eggs!!! And now, it looks like a lot of them are starting to molt, which means another 6 weeks or so of not laying! I mean, even the youngsters are 5 and 6 months old now! They should be laying! I just want to squeeze their little behinds and make something come out!!!! hahahhahahah!

Collected at noon today.

Guard the pink layer, some peeps maybe coveting her right about now, lol

McDonough
welcome-byc.gif

The auction was pretty cool. Nice people. Prices weren't bad except the two girls I wanted...two Black Star hens went for $19 each...OUCH!!
19 what a steel, lol, I went to the Chattooga County fair, and the chickens auctioned off in sets of 3, were barred rocks and golden comets, the most expensive BR's went for I"m not kidding 200 and the cheapest GC's went for 100. I thought I was being generous and my max was going to be 45, they started out at 75, I went and raced turtles instead for a dollar.

Where's the auction?
welcome-byc.gif

Maybe we should plan an auction caravan with dinner before, that would be fun, a bunch of us show up and take the place over.

Back
Top Bottom