YO GEORGIANS! :)

I copied this: [COLOR=666666]Ammonia fumes can be dangerous to the chickens, causing eye and lung problems. (And did you know that bleach can mix with the ammonia in chicken poop and create toxic fumes? [/COLOR]
I clean everything with Oxine Animal Health Sanitizer ( https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HT7H8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o04_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1 ) coops, incubator, and horse stalls. 
If you don't have Oxine use vinegar.
Good luck!

Good to know! Yet another fabulous use for vinegar!! I would add baking soda...while the hens are out.

I've been using a spray bottle but I think I'll order one of these.
https://www.amazon.com/Earth-Choice...g_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=WB2Y3CV2C1QV5ZA74K01
that is the exact one I was looking at, and when it comes to the deep cleaning for mites etc, you could use it to get into all the nooks and cranies with the bug spray, cause that would not kill mites would it? I can't remember what to use for the coop, I dusted all birds before they went into the new coop and sprinkled poultry and garden dust around but not done a deep clean since they have only been in the coop for 2 months.

PapaChaz - I've only had the saw since May, so I feel like it'll be a warranty swap - it gets super hot and stops. Also it now stops sooner every time. I got about 3 minutes of use out of it last night. Luckily, it was clear enough to get some painting done instead. The last time I used it, the blade stopped spinning when it hit wood - google says it's because it's not on tightly enough or too dull, potentially? Does anyone have any experience with that?
I would definitely contact the company about getting it checked out under warranty. With mine, if the blade stops when it hits the wood, generally means the battery is almost dead, although from the sounds of yours I wonder if something is wrong with the saw itself.

also, to gauge whether or not it's the battery, somewhere in your paperwork should be something that gives you an estimated number of cuts per battery charge, like cutting X number of 2x4s

I'd definitely check into the warranty information

Well, the storm went right over the top of us. It wasn't that bad. The plastic chair in my backyard didn't even get blown over. I guess my fence was a good wind break. Our power didn't even go out. So the chickens and ducks are wet but otherwise unharmed.

We had a bit of rain & some small branches down. All the chickens have a dry spot. All night OK, now the power is flickering occasionally. So far so good down here between Kingsland & Woodbine. I hope that everyone else has a safe day.

Well, the storm went right over the top of us. It wasn't that bad. The plastic chair in my backyard didn't even get blown over. I guess my fence was a good wind break. Our power didn't even go out. So the chickens and ducks are wet but otherwise unharmed.

We had a bit of rain & some small branches down. All the chickens have a dry spot. All night OK, now the power is flickering occasionally. So far so good down here between Kingsland & Woodbine. I hope that everyone else has a safe day.

Glad everyone is okay!!

so, I've been playing around with foods you can find in the woods. Today I made some Kudzu flower tea. Really good! Tastes like watered down grapes! So, tomorrow will be kudzu quiche, I also made some Purslane weed topped with cheese. It's not much different from turnips and stuff like that. Very interesting stuff out there!

On a chicken note, a few of the renters asked me how much I would sell some of my chickens for. I told them I didn't have any for sale right now. The couple looked at me like I was the most selfish person in the world. Said they lost all their chickens to hawks and raccoons and they wanted some more laying hens. I'm sorry, they aren't for sale. The lady gave me 'the look'. I guess she thought I had more than enough and was just some greedy person. TS!

No rain here.. No wind... just another day. And, I;m thankful for everyday!

Back
Top Bottom