YO GEORGIANS! :)

I know! This thread use to be my social outlet! There would be like 5 pages of comments in just one day! I miss everyone, too!
I've been hatching lots of chicks. Right now I have about 78 chicks plus more in the incubator. I will be growing them out and selling them as starter chicks later in May. I have some show quality Blue Laced Red Wyandottes I am really excited about. I have Black Orpingtons, Lavender Orpingtons, Blue Partridge Brahmas, Olive Eggers and some mixes.

hello everyone, it seems like forever since said anything. I got into a little bit of trouble with the whole "i got two more chickens" but since everything has cool down I am finally going to say something about my roo

My rooster i got is the best! he is the sweest, smartest and loving rooster i have ever meet and owned. I will never say it to my family but i dont regret buying this sweet thing. he doesn't really crow unless there is something wrong or a hen has to lay, and doesnt have a mean bone in his body. when i move the hens to a diffrent pen, he follows me with out blinking an eye. Even when I had to wash his feet for the first time, this roo didnt fight me or give me a stink-eye after. I feel so blessed when he around
DSCF2200-2.jpg

Augustus "little pimp" roo (yes, thats his Full name but really i just call him little pimp or little roo)

hello everyone, it seems like forever since said anything. I got into a little bit of trouble with the whole "i got two more chickens" but since everything has cool down I am finally going to say something about my roo

My rooster i got is the best! he is the sweest, smartest and loving rooster i have ever meet and owned. I will never say it to my family but i dont regret buying this sweet thing. he doesn't really crow unless there is something wrong or a hen has to lay, and doesnt have a mean bone in his body. when i move the hens to a diffrent pen, he follows me with out blinking an eye. Even when I had to wash his feet for the first time, this roo didnt fight me or give me a stink-eye after. I feel so blessed when he around
View attachment 1751447
Augustus "little pimp" roo (yes, thats his Full name but really i just call him little pimp or little roo)
Wow! He turned out gorgeous!!! I'm sorry you got in trouble for getting them....but, oh my! He is something! You should let me hatch you some of his babies! hahaha! Then you really would get in trouble!

Thank you, he is a great little roo but i think after a few years he will be even better after he can control his hormones.
I was getting a dozon eggs a week until the broodyness same so i dont have any eggs anymore but thanks for the offer haha.

oh the hen, I got with the roo is also nice but has a few genetic things, i wish were not there, its nothing that harms her in anyway but she less walks like a normal chicken and does more of a hop when she runs around and has somthing weird with her legs (next to the small spurs) where the skin is always dry and ashy and it does matter how much you do to it, it stays that way but she sweet to and is horrible broody XD

Hi everyone! I'm in Savannah and I'm working on finishing my coop. My first batch of chicks arrive in July but I might get a pair of laying hens in the meantime if I can find some in my area. Nice to meet you all. :)

welcome! i would have to say wait on the laying hens, if you are getting chicks in the summer. they older hens might kill the wee ones
Hmm, yeah I know. I would have to keep them separate for a while and I guess that would be a hassle. Eventually I'll have a small quarantine coop for the young chickens because I know I'm going to want to go crazy and get more than the few I ordered.

Ah ok, just wanted to let u know.
After my first patch, it took me 2 years before a got more chickens because I wanted to make sure my coop, set up, and safely was a good 90% but I’m a researcher my heart so *^* so I maybe just crazy and didn’t want anything else to happen and since then I never lost anything to elemental problems

I know! This thread use to be my social outlet! There would be like 5 pages of comments in just one day! I miss everyone, too!
I've been hatching lots of chicks. Right now I have about 78 chicks plus more in the incubator. I will be growing them out and selling them as starter chicks later in May. I have some show quality Blue Laced Red Wyandottes I am really excited about. I have Black Orpingtons, Lavender Orpingtons, Blue Partridge Brahmas, Olive Eggers and some mixes.
I've been busy busy. I've got 53 chicks and 11 poults at the moment. Turkey mama is currently hatching a clutch. We found 3 more turkey nests over the weekend. Yay. I'll be opening my farmer's market in May. Lots of exciting things going on in my neck of the woods

Hey everyone! I have not posted in forever! I'm thinking about buying some large fowl Brahma chickens. Does anyone have eggs in Georgia that I don't have to have shipped or chicks I can purchase? I'm not picky about the color, but I want breed/show quality.

Back
Top Bottom