YO GEORGIANS! :)

How was your hatch??

I have 2 that have externally pipped. I know I’ll be waking up to at least 2 chicks tomorrow morning 😍
So far nothing ;-( I think I found the problem and this might be a dead deal on this one. I looked this morning and seen no pips at all, so I tossed in thermometer from the brooder to see what it says it is showing 6 degrees lower then my thermometer in the incubator. So I think I’ve been running a lower temp then I thought I was.

So far nothing ;-( I think I found the problem and this might be a dead deal on this one. I looked this morning and seen no pips at all, so I tossed in thermometer from the brooder to see what it says it is showing 6 degrees lower then my thermometer in the incubator. So I think I’ve been running a lower temp then I thought I was.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. But if it’s lower then there’s a chance they are alive. Usually if it’s too hot that’s when they’ll die for sure then again my last batch got to 108 degrees F for less than 12 hrs and I still had a 100% hatch rate.

This one, 3 eggs stopped developing and I think it was due to low temps when taking them to the broody. But so far these remaining 9 are doing well hopefully 🤞

I can tell you that most major chain pet stores are still grooming, you just need to get an appointment.
Most places around here we’re doing a very limited schedule and getting an appointment was crazy mad, so we just waited. His normal groomer is open but I think she bumped her head during the quarantine. Wife called to get an appointment and she now wants you to bring the dog in and she wants to run blood work, fecal matter tests and other things before grooming any dog again. I politely told her I would find a new groomer.

Oh no! Sorry to hear that. But if it’s lower then there’s a chance they are alive. Usually if it’s too hot that’s when they’ll die for sure then again my last batch got to 108 degrees F for less than 12 hrs and I still had a 100% hatch rate.

This one, 3 eggs stopped developing and I think it was due to low temps when taking them to the broody. But so far these remaining 9 are doing well hopefully 🤞
I haven’t given up I’m letting run a little warmer then I was and keeping humidity at around 55, and letting them have some time.

I lived here when I was a kid, had to move back home for a while, then moved out. You know, how millennials do. Now working at a pet store, hating life XD Covid is not helping the job hunt.

That’s cool to live in different parts growing up. Different perspectives. I only moved out cuz I joined the military 🤣 if not I probably would have been freeloading off my parents. 10+ years later, I’m a stay at home mom plus full time college student.

Most places around here we’re doing a very limited schedule and getting an appointment was crazy mad, so we just waited. His normal groomer is open but I think she bumped her head during the quarantine. Wife called to get an appointment and she now wants you to bring the dog in and she wants to run blood work, fecal matter tests and other things before grooming any dog again. I politely told her I would find a new groomer.

That is a very polite way of saying that groomer has gone mad. I'd get you in at my place, but I have a feeling it would be way too far to be worth it.

What?!?! But dogs can’t get... 🤦‍♀️ I guess...

That’s cool to live in different parts growing up. Different perspectives. I only moved out cuz I joined the military 🤣 if not I probably would have been freeloading off my parents. 10+ years later, I’m a stay at home mom plus full time college student.

Oh, oh. Yea. No. I was born in MA and lived most of my life in CT (summer and winter hols were always there), boarding school in CT. College in Upstate NY (right next to an amazing chicken farm!), then moved to Japan. And moved to a different prefecture every year I was there for six years.

To say I have moved around is a massive understatement.

Back
Top Bottom