YO GEORGIANS! :)

Update: I got 6 RIR pullet chicks April16th. After crazy weather, waiting on some cleaning of trees, finally got the coop in good enough order to move in the chicks. Turns out I have 5 pullets and a Roo. They grew fast!

Was hard to leave them last night but happy to have them out of the house!

Attachments

• CBCE07B5-24CA-45A7-A305-7204673BB523.jpeg
    CBCE07B5-24CA-45A7-A305-7204673BB523.jpeg
    319.8 KB · Views: 7
  • 69C649BC-CD42-4CA7-BE3A-3B1B2906E9A6.jpeg
    69C649BC-CD42-4CA7-BE3A-3B1B2906E9A6.jpeg
    619.6 KB · Views: 7
Update: I got 6 RIR pullet chicks April16th. After crazy weather, waiting on some cleaning of trees, finally got the coop in good enough order to move in the chicks. Turns out I have 5 pullets and a Roo. They grew fast!

Was hard to leave them last night but happy to have them out of the house!

Awesome! Love the coop. We are in the process of building some coops but we are gonna have to use chicken wire instead of cloth wire since I didn’t realize it’s out of stock everywhere. Thankfully we don’t have too many predators to worry about plus I have a growing puppy that will be good to ward off ground predators at night once she’s full grown.

I have Easter Egger Chicks available for local pickup in Calhoun, GA.
Please message me for more information.
You can also find me on FB @MissMarysHens
You can also find me on FB @MissMarysHAPPYHens for fun and games
Hatch Date: 5/20 - 5/21
All the Easter Egger Chicks have found new homes. Just posting a follow up because I can't delete my post.

Awesome! Love the coop. We are in the process of building some coops but we are gonna have to use chicken wire instead of cloth wire since I didn’t realize it’s out of stock everywhere. Thankfully we don’t have too many predators to worry about plus I have a growing puppy that will be good to ward off ground predators at night once she’s full grown.

Thanks! We ordered back in March and was fortunate to get it before it sold out. This is my first time being a chicken lady and my dog is 6 years old. He hasn’t figured out if they are food or not. He is always licking his lips around them!

Thanks! We ordered back in March and was fortunate to get it before it sold out. This is my first time being a chicken lady and my dog is 6 years old. He hasn’t figured out if they are food or not. He is always licking his lips around them!

Yeah fortunately we have chicken wire because even that is sold out over here 😬

I have a 7 year old dog apart from my puppy and for some reason he’ll eat chicks but will leave the grown chickens alone. He has protected them in the past so I’m happy. But he doesn’t actively protect them, more by chance: right place right time sort of thing.

I have a 3 year old Pit Bull. She roams around with my chickens and causes no harm. She is their protector. Does not even try to chase them. She used to lick her lips around them too when they would be in their pen. When she would do that I would point at my chickens and give her a stern NO!! After a few weeks I took one out and called her over while holding her (the chicken) and would allow her (my Pittie) to come over to check out the chicken while I was holding her (the chicken). If she would lick her lips I would give her a stern NO! She finally got the idea they are not her toys or food with no losses. I cannot say this would work with every breed of dog. Pit Bulls are very smart and have a bad reputation. I can say that my Pit Bull is not a terror to anyone. She knows my chickens are not to be messed with.

I have a 3 year old Pit Bull. She roams around with my chickens and causes no harm. She is their protector. Does not even try to chase them. She used to lick her lips around them too when they would be in their pen. When she would do that I would point at my chickens and give her a stern NO!! After a few weeks I took one out and called her over while holding her (the chicken) and would allow her (my Pittie) to come over to check out the chicken while I was holding her (the chicken). If she would lick her lips I would give her a stern NO! She finally got the idea they are not her toys or food with no losses. I cannot say this would work with every breed of dog. Pit Bulls are very smart and have a bad reputation. I can say that my Pit Bull is not a terror to anyone. She knows my chickens are not to be messed with.

Thanks for that. I’ll have to try that with my dog. I have a young puppy too so I’ll start early with her.

Now that I think about it I never told him to leave the chicks alone I would just put them far away from him. But with the grown chickens I would tell him to leave it.

You would think he’d get the hint that no grown chickens also means no chicks 😂

Thanks for that. I’ll have to try that with my dog. I have a young puppy too so I’ll start early with her.

Now that I think about it I never told him to leave the chicks alone I would just put them far away from him. But with the grown chickens I would tell him to leave it.

You would think he’d get the hint that no grown chickens also means no chicks 😂

I have not tried her around chicks yet. I do have some of my own that I got a few weeks ago....Deathlayers....I may see how she acts. She has seen them - was standing there with that confused head tilt they do - LOL....I just told her they were babies and to leave them alone! LOL!!!

I am in North GA on the TN line. I have 2 hens I would like to re-home and 2 cockerels. Is anyone interested in North GA? They are just mixed backyard chickens but the roosters are handsome and the hens lay regularly. Don't know the age of 1 hen but the second hen and cockerels are under a year. Anyone interested locally?

Back
Top Bottom