Yocohama

CartierChicken

Chirping
8 Years
Jun 11, 2011
Stockholm, Sweden
I am about to get a Yocohama rooster and 2 hens. Here is a link to the add:

http://www.blocket.se/stockholm/Yokohama_och_Isbar_34541497.htm?ca=11&w=2

I'm really excited about this breed. They are known to lay 1 egg a week, but with extra protein, like fish, in their diet, they can lay an egg a day even through the winter. I am so excited. Has anyone else experienced this breed? I read that they are very calm and docile.

Quote:
I had some for about 2 years. Mine were very nervous birds. I hatched them from egg and they were all the same in character. Pretty birds to look at but personally wouldn't get again. I've been told by others that theirs were very sweet but mine were stand offish. I like the color in her chest in the pic you advertised. Good luck with them. Very interesting with the fish diet though?

I live on the water, so lots of fish to be had. I will only feed these birds fish, as I don't plan to eat their eggs. I will only breed them. Feeding fish to birds you eat eggs from is very much not recommended:sick

Beautiful birds, good luck and congratz.

So, I know who to go to when I want a pair of Yoco's? haha
lol.png

How much you getting them for, if I may ask?

Last edited:
Quote:
Well, I'm in Sweden, so I'm paying 250 Swedish crowns, so that is about 40 dollars. But that might be waisted if I don't find out why is ailing my other birds.
sad.png

Quote:
Of course, but the fish is to supplement. This breed usually lays 1 egg a week. To get them to lay more, you can't just give them layer pellets. They need higher protein amounts.

Back
Top Bottom